PDA

View Full Version : Help with Wax selection!

6LS2
03-22-2007, 01:43 AM
Hey fellas. Well I'm about to buy some Wax, and I'm not quite sure which one I should get. I'm buying from waxit.com.au because I live in Australia.

I'm leaning towards DP Max Wax, but I'm not sure. It'll mostly be used on my dads car, which is black. I want the paint looking very deep and black, but I don't know. I've noticed like, cars without the " metallic flakes " look alot darker then cars with? And I want my dads car to look real wet and black, so I don't know if Max Wax is the one? Can someone please help me select a Wax. I don't want tp spend over $35.

Waxit - Premium Car Care Products (http://waxit.com.au/products.asp?cat=4)

Thanks for your help.

George
6LS2

ryandamartini
03-22-2007, 01:56 AM
If you want a deep and wet look for black, check out Nattys Blue. If you would like a wax that adds shine, deph and reflection to any color, I suggest MaxWax.

If it is the deph you are going for, check out Nattys.

nick19
03-22-2007, 01:58 AM
I'd say NB (the blue stuff)

abrcrombe
03-22-2007, 02:29 AM
Keeping it under 35 bucks, Natty's Blue is my choice!!

supercharged
03-22-2007, 03:05 AM
Natty's Blue for darker/wetter finish.

6LS2
03-22-2007, 03:14 AM
Oh man, I just did some searching on Max Wax and Natty's Blue, I can't chose!

orngez
03-22-2007, 04:20 AM
based on reviews of max wax...sounds like a good choice...my personal experience is with nb...great stuff...you probably wont go wrong with either one...

supercharged
03-22-2007, 06:43 AM
Oh man, I just did some searching on Max Wax and Natty's Blue, I can't chose!
Then get some liquid Souveran.:awesome:

sparkie
03-22-2007, 08:04 AM
It's hard to beat maxwax IMO! Easy on easy off.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m139/sparkymm6/98F-150009.jpg

brig2221
03-22-2007, 11:38 AM
I personally like the P21s/S100 Carnauba Wax.

I originally got the P21S Wax at $30. I then found that they more or less brand the same exact wax as S100 for Motorcycles, so I stopped by my local Harley Dealership and picked one up. I loved the results, and only for $15. Can't beat it in my opinion.

I am going to try out the Natty's Blue later on this summer as I keep hearing how well they do on Black cars. We will see.

For now at least, I don't think you can beat S100 for the money at $15.00.

wytstang
03-22-2007, 11:56 AM
NB or MaxWax both good choices and you really can't go wrong.

Surfer
03-22-2007, 02:28 PM
I've got some $$ waxes, Souveran, CG 5050 etc....I still love NB, not even b/c of how cheap it is, just gives such a dark wet look. I've honestly noticed no difference between it and Souv. Max Wax is still great, can't go wrong either way.

Didn't care for S100, which I also grabbed at Harley Dealer like mentioned above, zilch durability, and just not the deep, wet look my others above have. Got rid of it.

Bigunns
03-22-2007, 02:48 PM
I just went through the same dilemma and the board is right on. You can't go wrong with either NB or Max Wax. I chose the Max Wax because it was recommended by the someone who worked at AG for 5 years, he said that it's like butter.....easy on.....easy off with no dusting. I'm glad I went with the MAx Wax......great stuff. However, I will be picking up some NB on my next order to compare.

ltoman
03-22-2007, 03:11 PM
I just went through the same dilemma and the board is right on. You can't go wrong with either NB or Max Wax. I chose the Max Wax because it was recommended by the someone who worked at AG for 5 years, he said that it's like butter.....easy on.....easy off with no dusting. I'm glad I went with the MAx Wax......great stuff. However, I will be picking up some NB on my next order to compare.

Seems like you need to pick up some sort of Pinnacle wax to try to though... there are a few to pick from!

PS100 - or whatever it is called - I used it. It went on nicely, came off easily, did not leave white marks, and smells nice. As for durability and shine, on a new car that was also prepped beforehand, I can't say I saw a real difference, sorry - except in price.
And it has hardly rained, and I keed loaded in with spray wax in between - so I have begun to wonder.
Especially after the post with that old bottle of KIT crap - I mean wax.....
lol

Lauren

belcherm58
03-22-2007, 07:43 PM
Under 35 bucks... I would say Nattys Blue.