PDA

View Full Version : Nomad Users

BorisC
05-10-2012, 04:30 PM
If you use the Nomad, what's been your experience with it? What do you use it for? I'm leaning towards getting one. My thoughts are to use for wheels/tires, fenderwells, lower body panels, maybe rinse vehicle.

I read that the hose quick connector tends to break and parts are not available which is a concern. How reliable, dependable and durable is the Nomad? And would you buy it again?

Any input, suggestions or alternative ideas you have are much appreciated. Thanks.

Chris Thomas
05-10-2012, 06:45 PM
I liked mine until the attachment broke where the hose connects to the pump and I called them only to find out they don't sell replacement parts. It went into the dumpster and I won't be buying another unless I can get parts.

conthedon
05-10-2012, 09:41 PM
I liked mine until the attachment broke where the hose connects to the pump and I called them only to find out they don't sell replacement parts. It went into the dumpster and I won't be buying another unless I can get parts.

I have had the nomad for about 2+ years and I had broken the spray nozzle quick disconnect (where the hose attaches to the bottom of nozzle spray)..which was my fault since I did not release the pressure from the spray gun before disconnecting from the hose. But I called 1-877-992-2042 and I got a replacement part in a few days, no problems. Maybe Boris, you would want to give them a call before purchasing/making a decision and see if they still sell replacements (I wouldn't see why they wouldn't as the UK site of nomad still sells replacements online, but at the time, within the U.S. you had to call)

If you use the Nomad, what's been your experience with it? What do you use it for? I'm leaning towards getting one. My thoughts are to use for wheels/tires, fenderwells, lower body panels, maybe rinse vehicle.

I read that the hose quick connector tends to break and parts are not available which is a concern. How reliable, dependable and durable is the Nomad? And would you buy it again?

Any input, suggestions or alternative ideas you have are much appreciated. Thanks.

i live in a apartment in nyc...has a great design..down to the zipper on the front which perfectly fits the hose attachment and nozzle. The battery compartment which holds a spare battery in there if you choose to buy another battery..or when you're done using the nomad u can remove the battery and place it in the same compartment for storage. The orange part detaches like a canister so you fill it up with water and reattach since the bottom pump is the heaviest portion (which I just leave that part in the trunk)...the nozzle/sprayer is really good too where you can adjust anywhere from a strong very fine thin stream to a spreading mist. Don't expect it to be the pressure of a hose or anything, if you do, you will be disappointed. However, it does have really good pressure to wash anything, especially a car's tires/wheels, paint, etc (I use the nomad spray as a pre-rinse before using Optimum No Rinse, and use it to hose off Optimum Power Clean off tires/wheels). The motor is quiet too. I have used a technique to use only one tank to rinse my car and clean wheels..but when I started out I bought a plastic jug that holds up to 6 gallons for an additional refill of the nomad tank if needed. I highly recommend it for anyone who does not have access to a hose, as it has enabled me to do my own car washes, and details where I could not do previously. I'm even going to use it to start doing a car wash service in my neighborhood.

here are some videos from where I originally saw it at the time:

Nomad MINI Washer Part 1 - YouTube

Nomad MINI Washer Part 2 - YouTube

Also his blog review of product: Nomad Portable 18V Pressure Washer - ShowCarDetailing (http://www.showcardetailing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1222)

Shakabruddah808
05-11-2012, 12:42 AM
I already have this on my AG wishlist, but will have to wait a few more months since my present wishlist is gonna 'bust the bank'. Living in a condo, with no access to hoses, the Nomad makes a lot of sense. Saves me a ton of money by avoiding the manual coin operated or 'brush-less' automatic car washes.

And once I get better at this DIY detailing thing, I just might decide to start up my own 'mini' detailing business in the condo area. My neighbors have VERY nice cars, but they don't take very good care of them. Hmmmm....then maybe I can quit my day job and be my own boss?

No wait, my wife will always be my boss. And CEO and CFO too, for that matter! LOL!
:xyxthumbs:

p.s. The Nomad website does not specify what type of 18v battery it uses. Dewalt? Porter Cable? Ryobi? Hopefully it's Ryobi since I already have two for my cordless drill/driver, flashlight and tire inflator.

conthedon
05-11-2012, 01:36 AM
ryobi battery it uses

BorisC
05-12-2012, 09:58 AM
I have had the nomad for about 2+ years and I had broken the spray nozzle quick disconnect (where the hose attaches to the bottom of nozzle spray)..which was my fault since I did not release the pressure from the spray gun before disconnecting from the hose. But I called 1-877-992-2042 and I got a replacement part in a few days, no problems. Maybe Boris, you would want to give them a call before purchasing/making a decision and see if they still sell replacements (I wouldn't see why they wouldn't as the UK site of nomad still sells replacements online, but at the time, within the U.S. you had to call)

I took your advice and called to check about getting parts. While they did say parts were available I'm not 100% convinced. Reason being the woman on the phone didn't really seem to know that the Nomad even existed. But I explained what it was and what piece seems to break. Hopefully we were talking about the same thing. After a minute or two of keyboard tapping she told me that parts were available. She did mention a model# but I didn't know it to verify.

conthedon
05-12-2012, 07:00 PM
I took your advice and called to check about getting parts. While they did say parts were available I'm not 100% convinced. Reason being the woman on the phone didn't really seem to know that the Nomad even existed. But I explained what it was and what piece seems to break. Hopefully we were talking about the same thing. After a minute or two of keyboard tapping she told me that parts were available. She did mention a model# but I didn't know it to verify.

lol why so skeptical? It sounds like confirmation to me, you can't expect customer service reps to be completely knowledgeable since it is not like hoover or dirt devil (whomever has the rights) is selling the product/replacements directly under the company brand. Let alone there are a ton of customer reps that are just not knowledgeable at all, they only know what the screen tells them. You do have to call with the model number (COR35) and MFG code and just say the color to confirm. If you're still extremely skeptical try ordering the part first, then order the nomad. Future reference this is where I bought it from,

Hoover Nomad MCOR35 Cordless Pressure Washer 18V (http://www.webstaurantstore.com/hoover-nomad-mcor35-cordless-pressure-washer-18v/430COR35.html?utm_source=Amazon&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=Hoover&utm_content=Outdoor-Sweepers-and-Indoor-Floor-Sweepers&utm_campaign=Janitorial-Supplies)