PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber cleaning comparision

Pages : [1] 2 3

Largebore
05-10-2012, 03:31 PM
I am about to place and order for some Microfiber cleaner.
In checking the different brands I found that the dilution seems to be about the same for all but the price per ounce on Pinnacle is very high,. In fact as much as 50% higher than others.

Is there something that the Pinnacle Product does that the other brands do not do ?

Costs are based upon gallon size. If you buy the small sizes the prices really get wacky , but I guess i now know how they can do two fers so easily. The Pinnacle actually goes for as much as 97 cents per ounce in the 16 oz bottle.

Pinnacle @ 39 cents per ounce
Micro-Restore @ 27 cents per ounce
Detailers Pride @ 27 cents per ounce
Chemical Guys @ 26 cents per ounce

fenderpicks
05-10-2012, 03:37 PM
I just bought some Sonus MF cleaner, hopefully it works good.
But one thing i can say is, CG MF cleaner is not doing it for me.... My towels are still dirty after the wash.... im not sure if i should call it dirty... but the stains are definitely still there.

I also have DP MF cleaner.... this one is the better one for me... but i only used this and CG... so idk about the others.

Largebore
05-10-2012, 03:40 PM
I just bought some Sonus MF cleaner, hopefully it works good.
But one thing i can say is, CG MF cleaner is not doing it for me.... My towels are still dirty after the wash.... im not sure if i should call it dirty... but the stains are definitely still there.

I also have DP MF cleaner.... this one is the better one for me... but i only used this and CG... so idk about the others.

I have used Micro restore and DP but never Pinnacle... Both have worked fine, I will avoid CG in the future...

fenderpicks
05-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Lol dont take my word for it...
But i just havent had any luck with CG one...
Everytime i have used it... my black stain on my cobra gold towel is still there...

And not to mention Cg gallon size is only about 25$

oldcracker
05-10-2012, 04:01 PM
IME Micro Restorer cleans better than the Chemical Guys one

Detail_Dude
05-10-2012, 04:07 PM
I have used CG's MF cleaner with good results in 'cleaning' off dirt, goop, etc. Some stains remain, but I suspect that will be the case regardless of washing detergent.

Micro-restore, however, is on my radar...

jdscooby
05-10-2012, 04:17 PM
A little off subject but note to self.

Don't wash new black microfibers with the rest of your microfibers!!! :doh:

RhetoricMixes
05-10-2012, 04:20 PM
I always use CG microfiber wash also and although it cleans my towels very good it doesnt remove any staining. Doesnt bother me though since all the residues and chemicals are removed after a wash anyway.

Detail_Dude
05-10-2012, 04:23 PM
I always use CG microfiber wash also and although it cleans my towels very good it doesnt remove any staining. Doesnt bother me though since all the residues and chemicals are removed after a wash anyway.

+1. I posted about this a long time ago and the King Cobra (Mike Philips) suggested not worrying about the stains as long as the cloths are clean and free from material which would mar the paint.

Webb
05-10-2012, 05:25 PM
What's is wrong with the regular detergent ? I never used MF cleaner,always wash mine on hot and dry on hot,they still look great.

opie_7afe
05-10-2012, 06:25 PM
microfibers will be stained, no detergent will remove staining, even soaking in pure APC will not remove staining, that does not mean the cleaner is not doing its job. i just got the CG microfiber cleaner and love how nice it makes my towels. i used to use normal detergent not anymore. there is no comparison imo, makes towels softer, returns the grabbyness to the towels. just a great product. every normal detergent i have tried i have not been happy with the way my towels turned out. before they would not absorb water like the should even towels washed once...so i switched...

swanicyouth
05-10-2012, 06:58 PM
What's is wrong with the regular detergent ? I never used MF cleaner,always wash mine on hot and dry on hot,they still look great.

+1. Use regular clear Woolite or Tide clear. Then, I "wash" a second time with no detergent to remove any detergent residue or soap that could be on the towels. I do the second rinse wash with warm water and add vinegar on the final rinse. Then I dry on medium heat. The extra rinse and the vinegar make all the difference for me. Towels come out very clean and soft feeling. I'd try some micro detergent, but I just cant see ordering detergent through the mail.

gatoman39
05-10-2012, 07:31 PM
+1
I used to use Micro-Restore. Ran out just used All Clear from Costco on sale, couldn't tell a difference other than my wallet wasn't as light.

Largebore
05-11-2012, 06:25 AM
Has anyone found the Pinnacle product to be worth the 50% premium over all of the others ? Today is my day to load up a box from AG..

Detail_Dude
05-11-2012, 06:42 AM
Has anyone found the Pinnacle product to be worth the 50% premium over all of the others ? Today is my day to load up a box from AG..

IMO, no. I have this product and a couple of others. This is a good product, but wait for it to be on sale if you feel a need to try it out.