PDA

View Full Version : Newbie, rethinking products....

Pages : [1] 2

scooterguitar
05-14-2006, 10:19 AM
Geez, so many to read about here! Woudl the below be a decent combo? One thing, this has to work for my black vehicle and metal flake (darker colors) bike paint. Please make any suggestions or changes. I don't need the best,b ut if I'm doing it I want decent. I figure the below will cover me.
Klasse AIO (or possibly suggest another?)
either Klasse or Poorboys EX-P sealer?
Natty's blue

BILL
05-14-2006, 10:23 AM
:) looks good to me.......

nick1897
05-14-2006, 12:30 PM
Not taking you away from the products you selected, instead just tossing this up for you.

As for waxes, you could try Meguiars NXT wax ($14.99), best wax for the money.. or WG Deep Gloss Paint Sealant ($24.99).

And as for polishes, I would recommend Meguiars #7 (9.99) or ClearKote Vanilla Moose Wax hand glaze (10.99) or WG Pre-Wax Polish Enhancer ($17.99)

I've had experience with these products before, that's the reason for recommending.

ScottB
05-14-2006, 01:32 PM
Not taking you away from the products you selected, instead just tossing this up for you.

As for waxes, you could try Meguiars NXT wax ($14.99), best wax for the money.. or WG Deep Gloss Paint Sealant ($24.99).

And as for polishes, I would recommend Meguiars #7 (9.99) or ClearKote Vanilla Moose Wax hand glaze (10.99) or WG Pre-Wax Polish Enhancer ($17.99)

I've had experience with these products before, that's the reason for recommending.

Just a couple notes:

Wolfgang is much more durable than NXT, and is slightly warmer in appearance.

NXT contains kaolin which is a light paint cleaner and will remove any fillers under in it. Thus dont use with VMG or #7.

And #7 is a glaze (ie. filler product) and has no real polishing ability. It is meant to hide versus remove scratches and is temporary. VMG and WG Polish both have abrasive qualities.

scooterguitar
05-14-2006, 02:38 PM
So, any suggestions as to go with the Klasse or Poorboy selaer?
Natty Blue seems to be a forum favorite at a good price, so that's why I chose that.

scooterguitar
05-14-2006, 04:08 PM
Thanks guys, just ordered up! Whew, this started as mild addiction last year, now looks like I'll be going full bore!
Here's what I got:
Klasse AIO
Poorboy suds, Natty Blue, and went with the EXP sinc eit seems to be easier to use, from what I have read here the past few days!

BILL
05-14-2006, 04:23 PM
Yes!! Those Mild Addictions Do Turn Out To Be Full Bore:p

BritOn2wheels
05-14-2006, 05:49 PM
You won't be dissaponted with the Klasse AIO. It's one of my personal favorites.
You might want to try the Klasse high gloss sealant glaze over the AIO, (before you apply the top coat of the wax of your choice).

BILL
05-14-2006, 05:57 PM
You won't be dissaponted with the Klasse AIO. It's one of my personal favorites.
You might want to try the Klasse high gloss sealant glaze over the AIO, (before you apply the top coat of the wax of your choice).

That's exactly my thinking also..... I love AIO....I opted for the U.P P. sealer but next time i'll try the klasse......topping off the U.P.P. with souveran is really a nice look...... still kicking around in my head if i should do one more coat of U.P.P. or start the paste carnuba senario tomorrow x 3:confused:

BritOn2wheels
05-14-2006, 06:30 PM
Bill, talking specifically about the Klasse HGSG since that's my sealant of choice; If you have the time and the inclination, a second layer will do no harm, be easier to apply and remove than the 1st layer, and will ensure a more uniform coverage. You will find that the sealant will bond well to itself and therefore increase durability of the protection.

I must admit however that I have no experience with the 4*UPP product, maybe another forum member can guide you on that specific product.

BILL
05-14-2006, 06:53 PM
Im happy with the U.P.P. Killrwheels put me on to it and i like it, it's got very good reviews here and that's enough for me, but may try the klasee when this is gone........;)

ScottB
05-14-2006, 07:10 PM
Im happy with the U.P.P. Killrwheels put me on to it and i like it, it's got very good reviews here and that's enough for me, but may try the klasee when this is gone........;)

UPP --- Brighter, Slicker, and Glossy
Klasse Twins --- longer durability, slightly sterile, reflective

scooterguitar
05-14-2006, 07:30 PM
What is this UPP I keep reading about?
I almost got the Klasse sealer, but kept reading that it was kinda hard to apply, so I opted for the EXP, as it is supposed to be good quality and easier to use.
OK, what about wait time? Say I start with the AIO, do I wiat to use the sealer, then wait to use the Natty? Times?

BILL
05-14-2006, 07:49 PM
What is this UPP I keep reading about?
I almost got the Klasse sealer, but kept reading that it was kinda hard to apply, so I opted for the EXP, as it is supposed to be good quality and easier to use.
OK, what about wait time? Say I start with the AIO, do I wiat to use the sealer, then wait to use the Natty? Times?

U.P.P. is four stars Ulimate Paint Protection, the sealer can be applied right after the AIO...then at least 12-24 hours for the natty's...2

scooterguitar
05-14-2006, 08:00 PM
I am still lost! Is UPP brand name or means a 4 star product=awesome?
Alright, better ask, should I throw out my old Meguires step 1 and 2? Just use the AIO?
Ok, just wipe dust clean after waiting 24 hours to use Nattys, or wash again? Second coat of Natty's need another 24?
Geez, and I thought I had it all down :>)
Thanks so much!