PDA

View Full Version : Brinkman Light

Pages : [1] 2

NFA
05-09-2012, 03:23 PM
How long does a typical full charge on the Brinkman Maxfire Dual Xenon last? I checked mine out the other day and it last a hour tops with the trigger on the constant. IMO that is not enough on a flashlight.

My other LED flashlights last at least 8-10 hours on a single 18650 or dual CR123s. I would imagine the Brinkman has a much bigger battery then your standard tactical flash light.

Danube
05-09-2012, 05:14 PM
One hour doesn't sound right.
I'd say mine goes for 3-4 hours minimum.

Kaban
05-09-2012, 05:26 PM
brinkmann is a piece of crap compared to a good spot light.

My brinkmann light died after a few corrections, and honestly, using a tactical light at a low light setting reveals holograms, and all levels of imperfections that brinkmann will not reveal.

I always experiment with one of my tactical flashlights just to see how they compare to the "spot light" and it's a night and day difference.

fenderpicks
05-09-2012, 05:51 PM
brinkman dies on me fast.... I'd say 1 hour for me as well...
It's a very good tool, but it does not last long.
Anyone got better suggestion for lights....?

And please no halogen light.... they gives off too much heat

swanicyouth
05-09-2012, 06:45 PM
I have the Brinkmann LED light AG sells. It takes reqular AA batteries (6); not a rechargeable unit. The batteries last fairly long, if you get one of those big boxes of AA batteries Costco sells, your probably good for a year. However, it's made poorly, the battery cover broke on mine and now it's held on with masking tape. Also, the lower light stopped working, and I had to take it apart to repair a wire.

alko
05-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Man thats crazy. Are you guys constantly leaving it on? My charge lasts DAYS...if not weeks.

NFA
05-09-2012, 07:30 PM
I decided to see how long a full charge would last since I turned it on the other day and it was almost dead.

I let it sit on the charger for a full day, then locked it on and timed it. A full charge lasted maybe an hour if that. I test all my flashlights this way. Never know when you are going to need the light for a extended period of time without having the ability to charge it.

Danube
05-09-2012, 08:09 PM
The other question is how long do you keep the Brinkmann on when use it.

I use it to inspect and frequently check the results, but I don't leave it on while detailing a car.

Kaban
05-09-2012, 08:21 PM
in short,

the brinkman is HUGE, very cheaply made, loses brightness after only about half an hour of use (not constantly on) and doesn't do a very good job at revealing all level of imperfections.

With a Brinkmann, if you are trying to find swirls on a lighter colored car, it will only show the deeper swirls and rids.

My favorite right now for swirls is either the Streamlight SuperTac X on low or high setting, or the ArmyTek Predator at various settings. The various settings really show different types of imperfections that you just will never see with a brinkmann.

SON1C
05-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Subbed

NFA
05-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Ran another test tonight. On a full charge, trigger locked on the On position with both beams lit, it was useless within 45 minutes, at 50 minutes it was dead.

Most of my correction work is done with halogen work lamps though. I usually have it at the end of the cars to better pick up swirls and RIDS you can not see directly with a light. Especially with lighter colors, pearls and metallic paints. I have one high up over the car and usually 2 on the ground angled up.

RTexasF
05-09-2012, 09:22 PM
It is a massively hyped low end product, the problem being the ancient technology nicad battery. I bought two, one crapped out within a year and the other works only briefly as an emergency light but I can't trust it. I'll never buy another.

DLaw
05-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Luckily, I'm able to use an old Streamlight LED which has worked fantastic and durable. (I'm allowed to replace my flashlight at work every 3 years) It claims a 16 hours use time but have never tested the claim.

http://img.tapatalk.com/634c0d2a-2ff6-a8da.jpg

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online

Robert8194
05-09-2012, 11:01 PM
Mine will not take a charge. Has only been used a few times. It is the worst product I have bought from AG. IMO It is a piece of junk. I am going to the QBeam.

shoeless89
05-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Man thats crazy. Are you guys constantly leaving it on? My charge lasts DAYS...if not weeks.

:iagree: