PDA

View Full Version : 2 Bucket Method For Wheels And Rims????

trhland
03-21-2007, 04:00 PM
I Just Started Today Trying Out The 2 Bucket Wash For My Rims And Tires.and Im Happy With The Results . Is This A Waist Of Time ? I Feel That Tire Dressing Will Stick Better Because Your Not Washing The Tires With Dirty Water. Is Anyone Doing This? I Know 2 Bucket Method Is Great For Washing The Car . But How About The Wheels. when i was done i checked the rinse bucket and couldnt believe how filthy the water was. and the clean bucket wasnt bad at all .but even that had dirty water in it. So I Call This The 4 Bucket Method Fo Rthe Entire Car:d .

orngez
03-21-2007, 04:14 PM
i just foam gun the wells and tires with 303 cleaner....then i use one of my ratty mf towels to agitate and rinse clean...same towel i use to wipe and buff tires and wells after i dress em...

ScottB
03-21-2007, 04:19 PM
I prewet the wheels, use foam gun or spray (P21S). I then use one bucket of water. Yes, the water is ugly when done. Really seems like two buckets is overkill.

trhland
03-21-2007, 04:27 PM
i dont have my foam gun yet . maybe thats the way to go once i get it. thanks for the input.

supercharged
03-21-2007, 05:51 PM
I Just Started Today Trying Out The 2 Bucket Wash For My Rims And Tires.and Im Happy With The Results . Is This A Waist Of Time ? I Feel That Tire Dressing Will Stick Better Because Your Not Washing The Tires With Dirty Water. Is Anyone Doing This? I Know 2 Bucket Method Is Great For Washing The Car . But How About The Wheels. when i was done i checked the rinse bucket and couldnt believe how filthy the water was. and the clean bucket wasnt bad at all .but even that had dirty water in it. So I Call This The 4 Bucket Method Fo Rthe Entire Car:d .
One bucket method works for me. I rinse both OXO brushes atfter each wheel/tire with a hose.

3Dog
03-22-2007, 10:06 AM
You may want to check out a Rubbermaid double sided bucket. Its more convienant than two buckets but the same concept.

abrcrombe
03-22-2007, 11:12 AM
If you wash your car every week, your rims/tires shouldn't be TOO dirty. In that case, one bucket is fine. If it has been a while, or you drive through mud,snow, etc, then two buckets might be good until you get a foam gun.

blkyukon
03-22-2007, 11:24 AM
Since mine are uncoated polished wheels, I always use the 2 bucket method to help prevent any marring.

trhland
03-22-2007, 04:09 PM
If you wash your car every week, your rims/tires shouldn't be TOO dirty. In that case, one bucket is fine. If it has been a while, or you drive through mud,snow, etc, then two buckets might be good until you get a foam gun. ya they were real bad we just got finished with a snow storm

DansToo
03-22-2007, 04:17 PM
The wheels on my F-150 are painted clearcoat and Ford uses very soft brake pads that shed a lot of brake dust. I always use the 2 bucket method and wax the wheels 3-4 times a year with 845. The wax seems to keep some of the brake dust from clinging to the wheels.

P1et
03-22-2007, 04:29 PM
I hear you DansToo. My wife's brakes on her Explorer dust like crazy. They are dirty after a few days...