PDA

View Full Version : Does DP Interior Protectant dry to the touch?

Pages : [1] 2

WRAPT C5Z06
05-09-2012, 10:40 AM
I like the fact it has mild cleaners. I will be using it on my car. I currently have Mothers VLR, and while it gives an excellent look, on some materials, it leaves a sticky feeling, unless buffed off. I'm looking for a vinyl, leather, and rubber cleaner/protectant product that doesn't have to be buffed off.

TheCougarGuy
05-09-2012, 10:44 AM
I've never had a problem with it having a sticky feeling. The problem I have with it is that on warm / hot days, the product emits an odor that gives me a headache.

hoyt66
05-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Hey Mark,hows the new car?

I use Dp interior on my wifes car. She loves the smell and look. It dries to a touch but imo it's to shiny. I use WG interior protectant but that does need a little buffing after if

you use alot.

feds27
05-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Make sure to shake DP Interior Protectant before applying. I use a cotton terry covered applicator pad when applying it. It leaves a nice even satin sheen that dries to the touch. It's easy to get even coverage without splotchiness. Great stuff.

I tried Four Star Interior Protectant last week and it looks similar but it didn't cover as evenly. I'll try applying it (Four Star) heavier or apply it twice next time to get more even coverage.

WRAPT C5Z06
05-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Hey Mark,hows the new car?

I use Dp interior on my wifes car. She loves the smell and look. It dries to a touch but imo it's to shiny. I use WG interior protectant but that does need a little buffing after if

you use alot.
Hey Chet, I realy, realy like the new car. :dblthumb2:

Ahhh, too shiny, huh.

I don't use a lot. I think once VLR completely dries, it's not sticky.

Nick McKees37
05-09-2012, 01:01 PM
DP Interior Protectant does in fact dry to the touch and can be applied to virtually any surface inside your vehicle - leather, plastic, vinyl, etc. It does have mild cleaners so it also doubles as a cleaner & protectant for vehicles that are well maintained.

A little bit goes a long way and if you prefer a natural finish, simply buff it with a microfiber towel 2-3 minutes after being applied. One 32 oz. bottle will last a long time.

:dblthumb2:

shoeless89
05-09-2012, 01:28 PM
I prefer 303 or UIGP

WRAPT C5Z06
05-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Used DP Interior Protectant today, and I loved it!

dad07
05-18-2012, 03:53 PM
Mark Optimum Protectant Plus is an awsome product that I use alot! It Dries to touch and leaves a nice new look.

BWG707
05-18-2012, 04:10 PM
Don't know about the DP IP but if you are looking for something that cleans, leaves no residue and doesn't need to be buffed try 1Z Cockpit Premium. I love it. It leaves no finish just keeps the surfaces looking new.

WRAPT C5Z06
05-18-2012, 04:42 PM
I've tried both of the products above. OPP is too thick for my taste. I like the thinner, sprayable viscosity of DP. CP is nice, but I feel it's more of a light cleaner than a protectant. Thanks guys!

dad07
05-18-2012, 05:57 PM
I've tried both of the products above. OPP is too thick for my taste. I like the thinner, sprayable viscosity of DP. CP is nice, but I feel it's more of a light cleaner than a protectant. Thanks guys!

Mark I agree OPP is thick....I started using it in a squeeze bottle instead of a spray bottle and I really like it more this way.

Bunky
05-18-2012, 06:03 PM
When using DP, I always apply using a mf applicator to control amount applied to help minimize buffing later.

WRAPT C5Z06
05-18-2012, 08:05 PM
When using DP, I always apply using a mf applicator to control amount applied to help minimize buffing later.
I used a MF applicator too, Al. With my specific interior plastic material, it required no buffing. You can't really tell there's anything on there. Not sticky, mild cleaner, dries to the touch. This stuff is great!

TRex99
05-18-2012, 09:28 PM
I'm liking OPP...it is thick though. Does anyone know if it's ok to dilute?