PDA

View Full Version : Glaze menz v. Pb black hole

Largebore
05-09-2012, 06:15 AM
So far I have stuck to my routine of all Menz polish and glaze and Pinnacle products for most everything else..

I am now at a stage where I am starting to compare other products against the those that I have become familiar with..

I just got some PB Black Hole and was very impressed with it. Very easy to us and it looked great to me.

Could anyone compare Menzerma Glaze vs PB Black hole on 3 dimensions

[1] Covering & fill abillity over scratches
[2] Deep and subjective satisfaction with shine
[3] Durability

brlukosk
05-09-2012, 08:50 AM
I haven't used Menzerna's glaze, but I have used PB Black Hole. From what I've read PB Black Hole is probably going to give you the best filling ability but probably not as much durability as Menzerna. Your also going to want to top the glazes with a sealant or wax as your LSP to increase durability anyway.

Largebore
05-09-2012, 08:53 AM
I haven't used Menzerna's glaze, but I have used PB Black Hole. From what I've read PB Black Hole is probably going to give you the best filling ability but probably not as much durability as Menzerna. Your also going to want to top the glazes with a sealant or wax as your LSP to increase durability anyway.

Yes I always top with Pinnacle Soveran

Agfan
05-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Almost any glaze won't give duribility unless toped with a sealant. I like both products but prefer pb's bh and wd.

KenR
05-09-2012, 09:04 AM
I've been thinking along the lines of the OP also. Been using Menzerna polishes and sealant in the past, but some of the other threads have me thinking of using a cleaner and/or glaze where appropriate. As I've been eyeing Black Hole and White Diamond glazes I'm also thinking maybe Poorboys Pro Polish (cleaner) and EX-P Sealant might be a good idea from a synergy perspective.

Any thoughts?

FASTFRED
05-09-2012, 10:00 AM
Subscribing.

swanicyouth
05-09-2012, 10:26 AM
IMHO Menz glaze isn't great. It's their one product that's not too good. Black Hole is much better IMHO. I have both, and Black Hole just can't be beat. Durability is going to be poor with both, however, many have re-applied Black Hole over wax / sealant again.

KenR
05-09-2012, 10:37 AM
But wouldn't the Black Hole be applied before the sealant?

swanicyouth
05-09-2012, 10:58 AM
Yes it would. But sometimes people "freshen it up" at a later time and apply Black Hole again, with or without topping it again with wax or sealant. It seems to be pretty versatile this way. The durability will again, just be poor.

KenR
05-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Ah. Thank you.

Sometimes I think that cleaners and glazes should have their own forum on AGO. There seems to be numerous threads going at the same time on this topic.