PDA

View Full Version : thanks to guy in toyota highlander I no longer care

Pages : [1] 2

Bigpat
05-08-2012, 01:00 PM
After loving my car for the past 9 months i dont even want to look at her.... polished waxed cleaned vacuumed almost weekly.... and some jerk that couldnt stay in his lane while passing me took away any desire i have to drive the car that was once my dream car. Really angry, then as luck would have it he lied to the cops and said I hit him, hope my insurance dont go up too much... probably selling the car after its fixed anyway

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j403/pat3472/My%20745/2012-05-05_14-54-33_246.jpg

Meghan
05-08-2012, 01:03 PM
So sad, and very sorry! At least you are safe!

Hunter09
05-08-2012, 01:19 PM
Don't look that bad. Is it a BMW?

fenderpicks
05-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Hey man dont get discouraged
Good things will happen to good people and that liar will get what he deserved at the end.

Bigpat
Yes its a 745i

owen996
About 8 years ago about 2 days after I had completely polished and detailed my 96 Honda Accord, someone backed into it after turning around in the driveway that was across the street. Complete hit and run.

I know how you feel about just wanting to give up on it but your's looks really easy to take care of.

SkateForGirl
05-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Wow Pat what a dickhead. Did you call him out on it while he was lying to the cop. Was their any witnesses ?

The good thing is your alright man.

alko
05-08-2012, 01:56 PM
UUUUUGGGGHHHHHH I HATE seeing threads like this!!!!

Like skate said...the good thing is you're okay. The fact that he hit you alone is enough to kick his arse...but for him to lie on you?!?!?! AWW HECKS NAW!!! Did you say something to the cop about him lying?!

I know what you're going through...I was rear ended back in February and I still get annoyed knowing that it has been repaired. Granted, the body shop did a really good job with fixing it, but I can tell there is a slight difference in the paint. I'm hoping that its because of the extra layers of clear they put on it. I'm going to compound it when I go to polish and wax my car. Hopefully I won't be making a trip back to the body shop.

I REALLY hope that everything works out for you man. And don't worry Karma will come back to bite that person in the arse ten folds...I promise.

gatoman39
05-08-2012, 02:09 PM
you know most of it just looks like paint transfer, maybe it can be buffed out to minimize the amount of repainting that needs to be done. I'd keep the car, nothing mechanical or structural needs to be done.

arack
05-08-2012, 02:21 PM
you know most of it just looks like paint transfer, maybe it can be buffed out to minimize the amount of repainting that needs to be done. I'd keep the car, nothing mechanical or structural needs to be done.

:iagree::whs:

Bigpat
05-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Thanks everyone.... the brown/black is tire burn so im sure the clear is comprised and the rest has been scratched pretty good, i will see how nuch i can fix but there is a spot that the paint is chipped so im deff going to need paint, and the door skin is creased so we shall see what happens.... but i cant touch it until after insurance looks at it

Hunter09
05-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Thanks everyone.... the brown/black is tire burn so im sure the clear is comprised and the rest has been scratched pretty good, i will see how nuch i can fix but there is a spot that the paint is chipped so im deff going to need paint, and the door skin is creased so we shall see what happens.... but i cant touch it until after insurance looks at it
If I was you I would take it to the BMW dealer to get fix.

feds27
05-08-2012, 03:04 PM

lokerola
05-08-2012, 03:34 PM
That's awful - sorry to hear that. Esp. about the lying from the other guy. Here's hoping Karma comes back to get him. Hopefully you'll get it fixed or replaced. Be thankful you are OK.

mattk
05-08-2012, 03:44 PM
:iagree: I cant tell how bad the panels are creased, but some paint thinner will at least clean up the paint transfer, good luck