PDA

View Full Version : Pad Choice Question

Matt_F
05-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Before I place my order for my PC I wanted to get some opinions on which pads I should choose. I get my choice of 6 LC 5.5" along with the polisher. I was thinking of 2 orange, 2 white, a green and a grey. Would that cover everything for someone just starting out? I am ordering some 4" pads also, should I get the same quantity and colors as the larger pads?

wukin
05-08-2012, 12:00 AM
Get Meguiars DA or GGs DA instead of PC. PC simply doesnt have enough power and will bog down easily. And also get 2 blue or 2 gray instead of 1 gray 1 green. Unless you will do 1 step then get a green pad. :xyxthumbs:

tuscarora dave
05-08-2012, 12:07 AM
If you will be doing any serious paint correction of heavy swirls get 6 orange with the kit and a few finishing pads above what you get with the kit. Or pay shipping later after you blow out your 2 orange pads getting through the learning curve. The white pads really aren't much of an asset unless you are just going to be making stuff shiny and not really correcting paint. I too would recommend the Meguiar's G110V2 over the PC and Griot's both.

Matt_F
05-08-2012, 06:12 AM
dave,- what pad size would you recommend using with the g110v2? should i stick with the 6" backing plate that comes with the unit or order a 5.5"