PDA

View Full Version : red stain on Carpet

Ford2000
05-07-2012, 06:45 PM
how to clean a red stain out of a carpet
maybe wine or Kool aid

Webb
05-07-2012, 07:03 PM
APC sprayed with very hot hotter let it sit scrub it them wipe it off ?

Steam clean ?

Flash Gordon
05-07-2012, 07:06 PM
You figure this one out, you should be able to figure out how to end world hunger

Good Luck!

greywolf17
05-07-2012, 08:49 PM
I just did a Spot remover carpet test this week. I used these spot and stain remover's:

!. Folex Instant Spot REomver
2. 303 Carpet/Upholstery Cleaner
3. Oxy Pro Total
4. Adam's Carpet Cleaner

Paisano Red Wine was one of my stains. I poured out an 1/8th cup of wine for each spot remover. And I let the stains sit for an entire week.

Folex blew everyone away, and alls you have to do is agitate it with your fingers for a little bit.

You could a very light barely can see stain. But like some have said, that part of the stain is further down in the threads. And using an extracter should finish the job right up.

Folex.....Homedepot, Lowes, kmart

rider9195
05-07-2012, 08:54 PM
APC+ with a steamer or extractor.

Agfan
05-07-2012, 09:04 PM
You can't, red40 coloring is more of a dye. Dye the carpets to match the rest.

350-10
05-07-2012, 09:27 PM
I've had numerous red stains on GM vehicles that won't come out. They are a chemical reaction from something and I have never been able to figure it out. I've had it in all different types of vehicles and lot's of them haven't even been vehicles with kids. I do vehicles for a GM dealership so I see this often. Just was curious if anyone else have ever seen this?

ShineTimeDetail
05-07-2012, 09:50 PM
I'm with flash...never got a red stain out. I saw a video for juice out...I'm going to try it. Also detail king claims to have a product for red stains. Never used it never heard of anyone who has.

A-train
05-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Rightlook has a red stain remover also. Never tried it.

LSUFAN
05-07-2012, 11:19 PM
I'm with flash...never got a red stain out. I saw a video for juice out...I'm going to try it. Also detail king claims to have a product for red stains. Never used it never heard of anyone who has.

ive used it once an its still in the trailer, it says to use with a towel under a iron set on low an could take up to 15 min. i didnt trust a iron on for 15 min but it did remove some of the red stain. so i might not have used it right. If any body wants it send me a PM an ill send it to you.

AutowerxDetailing
05-07-2012, 11:27 PM
I got a red Slurpy spatter out of a light tan headliner before. I can't remember what I used though... it was a while ago. I do know I had to try at least 4 or 5 different cleaners. And the stain had only set in the fabric for a few weeks. Maybe it was a mixture of a few of them that did the trick.

I have seen a few carpet cleaning supply stores that actually sell "red stain remover." I've never tried a chemical dedicated to removing red stains but I'd guess that would be your best bet.

tuscarora dave
05-07-2012, 11:45 PM
One of the Meguiar's reps I recently talked to told me that hydrogen peroxide will take kool-aid stains out. I have an alkaline cleaner that gets a lot of the red out but I have yet to get out all of the red. I've seen many different red food dye removers but haven't ever tried one.

BillE
05-08-2012, 07:12 AM
Do you have a janitorial supply store near you?

There is a product (that I can't remember the name of) that is made to remove 'red stains'. It is used in hospitals etc for removing "Betidine" (doubt that is the correct spelling, but that's how it sounds).

Bill

jwgreen6
05-08-2012, 07:29 AM
Do you have a janitorial supply store near you?

There is a product (that I can't remember the name of) that is made to remove 'red stains'. It is used in hospitals etc for removing "Betidine" (doubt that is the correct spelling, but that's how it sounds).

Bill

Try Red 1 (http://www.proschoice.com/html/red_1.html). Renny Doyle likes using this to remove red stains in conjunction with a steamer.

Here's a youtube video of Red 1 in action:
Kool Aid Stain Removal with Pro's Choice Red Relief - YouTube