PDA

View Full Version : Help on starting an on the side detailing business!

Pages : 1 [2]

orngez
03-21-2007, 04:16 PM
make sure if you hit up apt complexes you have the ability to be mobile..most are filled with singles that have busy lives and only one daily driver...many will ask if you can do their car in the parking lot where they work...

KJW Detailing
03-21-2007, 09:29 PM
well i can easily wash and wax a car in under an hour...i learned how to do this very quickly at lexus...

just wondering, what do you charge for a simple wash and wax?

some of you guys have great ideas on how to locate different jobs...

orngez
03-22-2007, 12:45 AM
the best is to stay competitive with the local car washes in the area, most in socal charge around 30 to 50 dollars for a full wash and HAND wax some up to 99-150+ for full details...shop around and whatever price you settle on you have to approach with the mindset "what I am charging is because it is worth it"...

KJW Detailing
04-12-2007, 09:36 PM
ok guys i need some help!

i was approached by a buddy of mine from work...he is building a garage in his back yard and asked me if i want to detail out of it...

this sounds like a great idea but i dont know what to do...we are going to sit down and talk about things but i need help...

i cant determine if i just want a simple 2nd detailing job at another dealership or if i want to try to go out and do my own thing as well as continue to work for lexus...

problums...the biggest one is insurance i know i wont have it so how do i get around this? a waiver...or just detailing cars for poeple i know (poeple who wont try to sue of make up lies that i stole something out of the car)....

suggestions please and thanks!

ejflanag
04-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Have them sign a wavier saying they understand you are not liable for damage or missing goods before you detail the vehicle.

KJW Detailing
04-12-2007, 10:21 PM
and that would cover me completly?

KJW Detailing
04-12-2007, 10:23 PM
i guess right now i would start with poeple i know and poeple i trust and the poeple my buddy brings in for me would be doing the same thing i guess then it could venture out from there...

KJW Detailing
04-13-2007, 09:36 AM
ok guys i have a question about just regular cleaning...time to get away from the legal aspect of detailing haha...

im wondering...i clean leather all day and i'm very comfortable with the products i use when cleaning leather...but what about cloth seats and vinyle?

what is a good product for cleaning those?

mrnextel
04-13-2007, 11:30 AM
Try to see if their is a hose hook up. You may need sometimes Just dont want a bunch of water everywhere not good business for you or owner. Rinseless is best the least amount of water the better. sometimes if bad mud use water.:confused:

KJW Detailing
04-20-2007, 09:43 AM
so at this point, i have about 10 cars in which i know poeple want done...right now i am just waiting for the semester to end (2 weeks)...so i need to actually make an order! haha!

im getting pretty excited though and i went to a used car dealership and talked to a guy for a little about their cars...he told me that he's not happy with the quality of work but then again he's not the one signing the checks...i left my information and maybe they will give me a call.

another person at work (my previous boss now service writter) gave me a number to a larger used car place that sells the luxury cars - benz, lex, bimmer...so i am going to give that guy a call (maybe today while i am on my way to work)...

at the same time i am making up a flyer for my mom to take in to school...

...so i guess at this point i am happy and im hopeing for the best but we will see...

scottgt
04-20-2007, 11:08 AM
thake a look at my website for some ideas...

www.scottsdetail.com - Scott's Auto Detailing (http://www.scottsdetail.com-a.googlepages.com/)

KJW Detailing
04-20-2007, 11:11 AM
your website looks pretty good...im just wondering but the section on scratch removal...what do you do to take those out?

also, did u have to pay for your webpage? i was thinking about creating one but not sure due to the cost...although i dont even know what they cost to tell you the truth...

scottgt
04-20-2007, 11:18 AM
the scratch removal was diffrent producs...some turtle wax compound and stuff..now i us some diff AG products

and the website is only $10 a year...ya it has all the google crap in it at the end but it was only 10 bux so o welll..works for now