PDA

View Full Version : UWW Plus as an interior cleaner?!?

Capa1970
05-07-2012, 04:19 PM
Recently, my 3 year old got some gum on my leather seats. I sprayed some UWW+ to soften the gum. I noticed its cleaning effect on my seats. The gum came off but this raised an interesting question: is this product safe on leather? Also, does it have UV protection and would this help with the leather? Does it contain any wax or seakant? Would these help the leather?

gatoman39
05-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Form AG product page...

This "Boosted by Polycharger™" formula not only cleans your vehicle’s surfaces, it protects them from the harsh elements and harmful UV rays. Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ maintains the shine of your vehicle by removing light road grime, bugs, water spots, fingerprints, and bird droppings. Meanwhile, it deposits a layer of clear protection to boost your existing paint protection. It's quick, it's easy, and your vehicle will look freshly detailed.

You know it's probably fine, but that's not it's intended use, and no one knows of the long term affects, so in my mind, it's not worth experimenting on a car.

CEE DOG
05-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Yes, it's safe on all surfaces. and yes it has some small amount of UV protection in it. I'll direct you to my Q&A in my review.

See post number 25 for the Q&A. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/29647-review-ultima-waterless-wash-plus.html

I actually use it often on interiors also.

Capa1970
05-07-2012, 06:32 PM
Wow,this UWW+ is already so cost effective! Cee Dog, I used it at its QD strength which might be too much. What ratio do you use for interiors?

CEE DOG
05-07-2012, 06:48 PM
I use it at 1/2 oz concentrate per Ultima bottle. I think it's 21.5 oz water.

You can dilute it another 25% for interiors but I don't just because I don't want two different bottles to track.

Capa1970
05-07-2012, 06:53 PM
I don't have the Ultima bottle and I use the Griot's 35 oz bottle. That gets refilled from a gallon of distilled water plus UWW+ that is at QD strength. I was surprised how well it cleaned.

CEE DOG
05-07-2012, 08:43 PM
I agree! If you ever use it on the front of a car with bugs and let it sit for a minute after spraying it's just fascinating to me how well it softens through them as well.

cleanmycorolla
07-05-2012, 05:42 PM
to revive a recent thread, I tried some Ultima on my door on the interior of my corolla, cleaned well, left a nice matte look too....

truckbutt
07-06-2012, 07:35 AM
Yes, it's safe on all surfaces. and yes it has some small amount of UV protection in it. I'll direct you to my Q&A in my review.

See post number 25 for the Q&A. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/29647-review-ultima-waterless-wash-plus.html

I actually use it often on interiors also.
I bought my first order of UWW+ based on this review. This is an outstanding product that is part of my daily routine. I hose off my car every morning. Then I walk around the car with a pray bottle of UWW+ misting the wet car. I then wipe it down. It looks like I just waxed it. Great stuff!

cleanmycorolla
07-06-2012, 12:01 PM
I bought my first order of UWW+ based on this review. This is an outstanding product that is part of my daily routine. I hose off my car every morning. Then I walk around the car with a pray bottle of UWW+ misting the wet car. I then wipe it down. It looks like I just waxed it. Great stuff!

Yeah, it's great stuff huh? It's my go to product. I recently discovered it works well on my dash and doors on the interior, it really is a jack of all trades....

rockford33
07-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Could UWW replace an APC for interior cleaning? Always nice to cut down on the vast amount of different products I have sitting around...

-Neil

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

mg6045
07-07-2012, 07:28 AM
Could UWW replace an APC for interior cleaning? Always nice to cut down on the vast amount of different products I have sitting around...

-Neil

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

no. Its not powerful like an APC. It only does "very" light cleaning and protection.

Its best used as a wipe down product for the interior. Like if you did a full interior detail, then use UWW to wipe down all the dust weekly. Doing this will lengthen the amount of time between needing another full detail.

BTW, its totally safe on leather as far as I have experienced.