PDA

View Full Version : Pressure Washers

TotalNewbie
05-07-2012, 03:02 PM
What is the common electric pressure washer everyone is using?

I've just been using the cheap ones from home depot but they break rather quickly and are not to be used with hot water.

I can heat my water before going into the pressure washer, anybody know of any units that can handle this??? Are the pressure washer units that heat the water themselves more economical to use than using my hot water tank???

swanicyouth
05-07-2012, 04:07 PM
I'm using a low end Karcher. It came with a year warranty. It was only $129.00. So, that should get me at least a year. No hot water capability. I can't see spending a ton of money on one, just for occasional use.
If I detailed for a living, that would be different.

SeaJay's
05-07-2012, 05:10 PM
I have a 2000psi Karcher that I paid around $280 for. I have only been using it for a few months now but so far so good. Plenty of power and it came with the hose real so I can store everything on the unit.

Mulligan
05-07-2012, 07:08 PM
Lower end Karcher here as well. I've had it for over a year and no issues.

pho_shizzle
05-07-2012, 07:54 PM
I also am wondering something similar. Can you just hook up a hot water source going into the regular cold water pressure washer? Will that damage anything over time?

Bunky
05-08-2012, 10:50 AM
I also am wondering something similar. Can you just hook up a hot water source going into the regular cold water pressure washer? Will that damage anything over time?

Pressure washers are rated for a max water inlet temp. You need a special one to handle hot water. I guess they do not want steam forming inside the pump.

mbret2004
05-26-2012, 04:10 PM
Bunky,
That's correct. Steam won't cool or lubricate the pump as water does. Gasket material, on the pumps, is different between the hot and cold washers too.

I don't know what your looking for pho_shizzle but Landa makes some excellent pressure washers. They aren't cheap. I believe they make the Karcher's also.