PDA

View Full Version : GE makes Nighthawk signal bulbs

RacerE7773
03-21-2007, 09:22 AM
I was in Wmart's auto section last night getting a couple quarts of oil, then wandered to the lighting section. I saw the display for Nighthawk miniature bulbs and thought I'd give them a try for my wife's tag light. It uses both bulbs while my cavasmear uses only one. So I'll install hers this weekend if possible and then get a set for my car if they perform as claimed on the automotive section of GE's lighting site. Has anyone else seen these bulbs?

nick19
03-21-2007, 09:25 AM
I was in Wmart's auto section last night getting a couple quarts of oil, then wandered to the lighting section. I saw the display for Nighthawk miniature bulbs and thought I'd give them a try for my wife's tag light. It uses both bulbs while my cavasmear uses only one. So I'll install hers this weekend if possible and then get a set for my car if they perform as claimed on the automotive section of GE's lighting site. Has anyone else seen these bulbs?

I use Slyvania brand everything for lighting.

I am using the SilverStars right now.

Jimmie
03-21-2007, 10:50 AM
What are some of the claims? Sorta sorry that I didn't get the Xeon option on our car purchase last year, but I'd like to get closer. Our stock lights are weak.

ScottB
03-21-2007, 04:50 PM
you can get LED's pretty cheap on Ebay, make a huge difference in smaller bulb areas like the license plate decorator lights.

RacerE7773
03-21-2007, 10:58 PM
I had bought a "Hyper White" 194 set last year. Though the package said it was white light it would put out, it was blue light when turned on. That opened pack went in the trash bin, and the unopened for the other car went back to the store.