PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know this Permanon?Carnauba

kenzolow
05-07-2012, 05:27 AM
My first question.

Permanon Aircraft Supershine. Did anyone use this? What the difference between Sealant or Carnauba?

CEE DOG
05-07-2012, 06:10 AM
Live2detail has information, reviews, etc about the product you mention. It's not sold here.

For an inorganic sealant that AG sells check out CarPro Reload. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/41502-review-carpro-reload.html

kenzolow
05-07-2012, 06:50 AM
Thanks mate. So that called inorganic sealant? Im still new about detailing, just want to learn more from you guys around AGO.

Mike Phillips
05-07-2012, 07:07 AM
Thanks mate. So that called inorganic sealant? Im still new about detailing, just want to learn more from you guys around AGO.

If you're just starting out, quick question, are you working by hand or machine?

As a new detailer, try to keep thing simple, for most of your customers you should be using a one-step cleaner/wax.

If you have a customer wanting correction work done to the paint to remove swirls then you would do a multiple step process instead of using a one-step cleaner wax and for these customers you could up-sell them a coating for a higher priced package.

See these two articles,

3-Categories: Waxes, Paint Sealants and Coatings (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/34185-3-categories-waxes-paint-sealants-coatings.html)

I covered the below topic in my Boot Camp Class on Saturday, most people starting out make the mistake of spending too much time on the paint and don't make much profit. Take a moment to read through the article because it ties back to your interest in applying coatings. Coatings for the most part are applied to paint that has been corrected. If you're buffing daily drivers then you really should be using a one-step cleaner/wax and you're not going to be removing all the swirls and scratches thus you're not going to be applying a coating.

A few tips on starting a part-time detailing business (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-make-money-detailing-cars/27827-few-tips-starting-part-time-detailing-business.html)

:)

kenzolow
05-07-2012, 07:45 AM
Thank Mike, I certainly appreciated it :) im noob here and want to learn more thing. Am using hand and machine for detailing product brand Sonex thinking of changing brand to Wolfgang or m105 m205 combo. What you suggest?

kenzolow
05-07-2012, 07:55 AM
I am so keen to Wolfgang products but problem is shipping cost :( but for M105 and M205 i can find local supplier agent for Wolfgang only here and i have to pay up shipping cost about 200USD have placed order and cancelled due to shipping cost is too expensive.

CEE DOG
05-07-2012, 09:45 AM

You got it :nod: Both of these products "Reload" and "Permanon" are inorganic sealants which have some of the benefits of coatings like Cquartz and Opticoat.

However these inorganic sealants do not have anywhere near the longevity or thickness of these "coatings"

What they do have is the same ability as the coatings to release dust and dirt better than a traditional sealant and MUCH better than a carnauba wax.

What they have that coatings do not have is more slickness and are easier to apply.

What they lack compared to a wax or sealant is the cost. They are more expensive than a traditional spray sealant or spray wax.

Reload is more cost effective than Permanon by far while Permanon has some interesting methods of application that make it a great tool for sealing hard to reach areas like brake calipers.

--------------------

Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover is a great product. M105 and M205 are also great tools that given your cost of shipping etc I may try first those first.

Wolfgang TSR is a diminishing abrasive technology (DAT) while M105 and M205 are SMAT technology. Mike has a good article that talks about the difference between these two technologys. You can pretty much allow any polish to fall into one category or the other. Some employ both

M105 - Very aggressive cut and fast but will need a second product to refine the paint surface

WGTSR - Diminishing abrasive so it cuts slower and is not as aggressive as M105 but is definitely capable of removing swirls and the big benefit is if used correctly it can finish down very nice and swirl free!

M205 - Not nearly as aggressive as M105. Finishes well on most paints.

KneeDragr
05-07-2012, 09:50 AM
My first question.

Permanon Aircraft Supershine. Did anyone use this? What the difference between Sealant or Carnauba?

I've read quite a bit on it.

Super easy to apply, lasts about a week!

KneeDragr
05-07-2012, 09:53 AM
You got it :nod: Both of these products "Reload" and "Permanon" are inorganic sealants which have some of the benefits of coatings like Cquartz and Opticoat.

I saw a nice comparison with video of Permanon vs Reload on another site. Both applied to bare paint. Reload lasted about 6x as long.

CEE DOG
05-07-2012, 09:56 AM
I've read quite a bit on it.

Super easy to apply, lasts about a week!

I have good luck with it on wheels and wells but on paint that sounds about right in my experience.

kenzolow
05-07-2012, 10:42 AM
Thank both Senior, Up-sell point like what mike master saying.

Still developing on my new website. Any comment guys?
Need 4 Package detailing package service.

Exp: for Basic
- Claybar Special treatment Remove exterior dust/dirts
- Exterior foam wash
- Tyre & Rim shine
- Leather Care
- Interior Vacuum
- Windscreen/Glass cleaning
- Basic Waxing

Website: eMobileCarPolish.com - Singapore Largest Mobile Car Polishing (http://www.emobilecarpolish.com)

Many thanks!!