PDA

View Full Version : Need help on equipment decision...

Newdetailer1
05-06-2012, 09:15 PM
I posted a job I did this past weekend in the show and shine section (03 accord) and the interior was trashed! The only stuff I have is some megs APC, a brush and a 6.5HP shopvac that I've modified the suction attachment to narrow the opening for better suction.
I really do a lot of exterior stuff the most and just touch on the inside, but after this weekend I'm starting to think a little diffferent. I only do this part time on the weekends and the volume isn't always booming, but I have the attitude that even if its only one car I want to be able to do the best I can with what I have.
Where I'm going with this is I'm willing to get a new piece of equipment to help step up my interior results and I may be willing to go as far as 800 for a budget. That price is if I were to go with ann extractor or steamer? Now if I could get away with not having them and maybe getting a tornado black and compressor instead?? Now if I go with the extractor or steamer I would adjust my prices and maybe even create a premium interior package, but if I did the tornado setup I would keep things the way they are and provide a better service for the inside. What would seem to be the best bang for buck??

Thoughts please?

Halverso_99
05-06-2012, 11:21 PM
I would say extractor. That way both you and the customer benefit. You get paid more, and they get a better service. Imo.

Rsurfer
05-06-2012, 11:39 PM
I posted a job I did this past weekend in the show and shine section (03 accord) and the interior was trashed! The only stuff I have is some megs APC, a brush and a 6.5HP shopvac that I've modified the suction attachment to narrow the opening for better suction.
I really do a lot of exterior stuff the most and just touch on the inside, but after this weekend I'm starting to think a little diffferent. I only do this part time on the weekends and the volume isn't always booming, but I have the attitude that even if its only one car I want to be able to do the best I can with what I have.
Where I'm going with this is I'm willing to get a new piece of equipment to help step up my interior results and I may be willing to go as far as 800 for a budget. That price is if I were to go with ann extractor or steamer? Now if I could get away with not having them and maybe getting a tornado black and compressor instead?? Now if I go with the extractor or steamer I would adjust my prices and maybe even create a premium interior package, but if I did the tornado setup I would keep things the way they are and provide a better service for the inside. What would seem to be the best bang for buck??

Thoughts please?Both would be great, but if you only had enough money to get one, it should be the steamer. An extractor can only extract, whereas a steamer can not only clean fabric, leather seats and carpets, but it could clean vinyl door panels, rubber mats, vents, dash boards, door jams, etc. Plus it sanitizes.