PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys Optical Finish Microfiber Polishing System

krazieY
05-06-2012, 07:57 PM
Anyone tried them yet?
Micorfiber Pads- OPTICAL SELECT BUFFING + POLISH PADS (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Micorfiber_Pads_OPTICAL_SELECT_BUFFING_POLISH_PADS _s/203.htm)

Setec Astronomy
05-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Boy those look an awful lot like the Optimum pads, don't they?

Ah, what the hey, microfiber and foam...what else would they look like, I guess.

TimmyG
05-06-2012, 08:21 PM
I recall reading a thread about these recently where several people mentioned them finishing down like crap. No direct experience with them myself however.

05xrunner
05-06-2012, 10:28 PM
I recall reading a thread about these recently where several people mentioned them finishing down like crap. No direct experience with them myself however.
all depends on the paint. Everyone likes the megs but on my old '10 black mustang the finishing pads would not finish down nicely at all on it. Only foam would. So paint makes a big difference on how well it will work for you

silverfox
05-07-2012, 05:26 AM
Its tough to beat foam pads for final finishing no matter who's MF buffing pads you select. Also CG's strength is not their polishes but their soaps, glazes, and LSPs.

I'm still waiting for a MF finishing pad that can challenge a good foam finishing pad because I really like MF pads in terms of flexibility, cleaning, and longevity.

Gungho_15
05-21-2012, 09:54 AM
Anyone tried them yet?
Micorfiber Pads- OPTICAL SELECT BUFFING + POLISH PADS (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Micorfiber_Pads_OPTICAL_SELECT_BUFFING_POLISH_PADS _s/203.htm)

I saw them on there site a while back and had to try them. I bought the double pack of the F2 PAD- Cut & Compounding Pad, and the F1 PAD- Polishing + Finishing Pad in each size.
I am terribly disappointed in these pads. I noticed they got hot fast. I started on the roof of a small car, blew the pad out several times with compressed air. Started to gum up so used the pad washer. Back to the panel, and then it happened. The pad came a part. The backing came off.
Funny thing is, my buddy bought the same pads. No word of a lie, an hour after mine came a part he text me all pissed off. All of his pads did the exact same thing.
I spent ALOT of cash on these pads and so did he. Not worth the money. Ended up going back to the proven Lake Country pads!