PDA

View Full Version : Sonax Paint Cleaner?

pcw25
05-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Who's used this cleaner? I have heard that it does wonders finishing out on soft paint, such as my black Honda. Any feedback would be great. Or perhaps a different polish, such as P106FA? I will post a picture shortly of what the micromarring looks like.

Feed back please

pcw25
05-06-2012, 04:56 PM
I cannot get a good picture right now, as the sun is at an awkward angle. Under halogen/LED, the tick marks are very noticable, even to the untrained eye. It seems like I can never get it right. I used a white LC with WG FG. I know I need a more gentle combination of products. It always seems like though my polish is running dry, which I don't get, because I work in the shade. It drives me nuts. That's about all the information I can offer. Any help would be appreciated.

lkotsios
05-06-2012, 05:30 PM
I used sonax nano paint cleaner in the silver bottle it is very good. I want to try the sonax cleaner in black bottle now.

silverfox
05-06-2012, 05:41 PM
You are right my friend... This stuff is the bomb on soft paints and especially black. Finishes down beautifully with no marring. The only downside is that it lays down carnuba so you sealant buffs may not like it.

lkotsios
05-06-2012, 05:58 PM
I put Fourstar UPP over sonax nano cleaner, awsome had no issues.

RMM
05-07-2012, 06:20 PM
As said above, this is an excellent AIO and is especially adequate for soft paints. The main downside is what silverfox said: it has carnaúba - it can make topping somewhat of an issue.

CEE DOG
05-07-2012, 06:52 PM
If I want to use only a paint cleaner and lsp with only a wax afterwards (most waxes anyway) this is the paint cleaner I use. It's been a good while since I used it but did a review awhile back.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/27268-review-sonax-paint-cleaner.html

Kitoy22
05-08-2012, 05:56 AM
If I want to use only a paint cleaner and lsp with only a wax afterwards (most waxes anyway) this is the paint cleaner I use. It's been a good while since I used it but did a review awhile back.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/27268-review-sonax-paint-cleaner.html

Hi Corey! What was your observation on the effect of the cleaner to Natty's wax? Thanks!