PDA

View Full Version : Coating Confusion

Sealant
05-05-2012, 01:24 PM
I have some questions for coatings

1. If cars already come with clear coats, whats the deal with getting a coating?

2. So if you get a Opti Coat, you really don't have to wax or seal anymore???

Chris Thomas
05-05-2012, 01:28 PM
I have some questions for coatings

1. If cars already come with clear coats, whats the deal with getting a coating?

2. So if you get a real coating, you really don't have to wax or seal anymore???

Opti Coat out performs OEM clear by shedding dirt easier, improved chemical resistance, and less marring because it is harder.

If you use Opti Coat, you will not "have to" wax or seal anymore. It out performs either in both protection and longevity.

Sealant
05-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Is there no manufacturer that gives a double coat of clear coat?

Rsurfer
05-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Is there no manufacturer that gives a double coat of clear coat?No and that's why you need Opti Coat.

Blackthorn One
05-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Even if the clear coat was twice as thick, it would still be susceptible to clear coat failure without a coating with UV protection on it. The Opti Coat provides that.

Chris Thomas
05-05-2012, 03:10 PM
Opti Coat doesn't oxidize either. That is a HUGE reason to coat.

swanicyouth
05-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Topped my Opti Coated car today with Optimum Spray wax and it took all of 15 minutes after washing it. You can wax on top of OC if you want to, too.

bmwgalore
05-05-2012, 04:59 PM

Yes, every car has 2 layers of clear coat, german cars at least. No shure about american cars tho. I reckon american cars only have one.

I know for a fact Rolls Royces have 3 layers, Aston Martin has 2, Mercedes has Ceramiclear, Audi has 2, and Porsche has 2 as well.