PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Jr. 600 Microfiber Towels

WRXINXS
05-04-2012, 07:47 PM
I am thinking about getting a few of the Deluxe Jr. 600's on BOGO. I was wondering, do they have the same nap on both sides? I know my rolled edge blue towels have short nap on one side and deep pile on the other?

Thanks,
Drew

rwright
05-04-2012, 07:58 PM
I would go with the Supreme 530 over the 600.

WRXINXS
05-04-2012, 08:15 PM
I would go with the Supreme 530 over the 600.

I thought the 600 were plusher?

SON1C
05-04-2012, 08:19 PM
i don't think that either are a good deal, imo

swanicyouth
05-04-2012, 08:32 PM
I just got 2 of each on BOGO and they are both nice. But, if not BOGO, I'd have a hard time spending 8 bucks each for any towel, as I'm not convinced 1 type of towel won't scratch paint and a cheaper one will. I'm not at home, but I recall 1 side may be very slightly more plush than the other. But they are very nice towels.

spardavr4
05-04-2012, 08:50 PM
I just got 2 of each on BOGO and they are both nice. But, if not BOGO, I'd have a hard time spending 8 bucks each for any towel, as I'm not convinced 1 type of towel won't scratch paint and a cheaper one will. I'm not at home, but I recall 1 side may be very slightly more plush than the other. But they are very nice towels.

Agreed, I have a few of the Deluxe Jr.'s and they are super nice, but I wouldn't get them unless on BOGO.

The other MF's towels that are nice on AG are the ones without the edges on them. Think they come in blue and green.

Mobile detail
05-05-2012, 01:10 AM
I really love the 530

Ron Atchison
05-05-2012, 01:17 AM
Don't know that I have either of them, may have a 600. Whats the main difference?

FUNX650
05-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Don't know that I have either of them, may have a 600. Whats the main difference?

This is probably refering to "Weight" of a micro-fiber towel...If so, then this is what I've been using as a guideline:

"The final criterion to use when judging microfiber towels is the weight of the cloth. All fibers are weighed in deniers, the weight in grams of a 9,000-meter-long strand of any fiber. An individual microfiber filament weighs less than one denier. As comparisons: microfiber filaments are half the diameter of a silk fiber, a third the diameter of a cotton fiber, and a quarter the diameter of wool.

Microfiber filaments are thinner than 1 percent of the thickness of a human hair, and can be densely woven together. Each cloth consists of approximately 200,000 microfiber filaments per square inch.

Weight is the best way to judge the quality of a microfiber towel. The fibers themselves are weighed in denier, but the towel as a whole is weigh-ed in grams per square meter. Good quality is about 200 grams per square meter; 250 to 280 is better quality; the best products are 400 grams per square meter or more.

Weight dictates how long it will take for the towel to show wear and tear. The heavier the weight, the more fiber it has. The more fiber it has, the longer it will last. All microfiber is basically the same. It becomes a question of economy and durability, or how many washings it is going to last. A heavier towel will last longer and survive more washings.

Although heavier microfiber is superior to lightweight, microfiber is still lighter than other woven cloths. Microfiber towels do not require the same pressure or force as a cotton towel, so there is a great reduction in the wear and tear on the towel.

Identifying the right microfiber for the job depends on more than just price. The number of splits, weight, and durability all play an important role in determining microfiber quality."

(Quoted Source: Sharie Sipowicz)

:)

Bob

Mustang81
05-05-2012, 09:08 AM
They do not have the same nap on both sides. I haven't had the opportunity to use mine yet, but both feel very nice.

Ron Atchison
05-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Thanks Bob for the info. I bought a couple of the 600's and looked at both before doing so and the numbering relates to the g/mē of the towel which makes me wonder why guys were recommending the 530 with them being the same price but less g/mē. Going strictly off of the g/mē the 600 should be the better towel, that is unless your preference a dual nap towel which the 600 is not or at least not advertised as being.

spardavr4
05-05-2012, 09:25 AM
I honestly didn't like the 530s. I much prefer the 600 and the gold ones.

kronos
05-05-2012, 09:32 AM
I am thinking about getting a few of the Deluxe Jr. 600's on BOGO. I was wondering, do they have the same nap on both sides? I know my rolled edge blue towels have short nap on one side and deep pile on the other?

Thanks,
Drew

It seems your mileage may vary with the 600's going by some posts here, but I have them (about 10) and love them. They have a tight nap on one side and a fluffy nap on the other. I wouldn't use them to remove compound residue, especially M105, but I do use them to remove finishing polish residue like Menz 106FA and Menz 85rd. They're also versatile. I use them to QD my car and to dry it when I don't feel like using distilled water for the final rinse. Mine do not lint, have been washed many times and feel as fluffy as the day I bought them, but most importantly, they do not mar paint! I tested it on a Jet Black BMW. I would put these towels up against anybody's. Well, at least my batch I would. :props:

kronos
05-05-2012, 09:33 AM
I really love the 530

:iagree: The 530's are awesome towels too.

swanicyouth
05-05-2012, 04:45 PM
My first impression of Cobras in general was underwhelming. However, not that I used and washed them a few times I got to say they are nicer than my first impression. It's just hard to wrap my head around paying 8 bucks a towel. I've noticed some towels that look just like the gold cobras for A little less on line. I think I'll try them and report back