PDA

View Full Version : 3m products

wagonproject
03-20-2007, 05:23 PM
I was wondering if anyone had used these with the PC?

3M #6060 Perfect-It 3000 Extra Cut Rubbing Compound (1 Quart) Provides a superior cut while leaving a fine swirl mark finish on all modern paint systems! This new formulation will remove P1200 and finer sand scratches while providing excellent handling characteristics with easy clean up.
3M #6064 Perfect-It 3000 Swirl Mark Remover (1 Quart) Designed to quickly and effectively remove compound swirl marks from all types of automotive paints, and produce an outstanding high gloss finish. Great for black vehicles. Good handling with easy cleanup.
3M #6066 Perfect-It 3000 Final Glaze (1 Quart)
Non-silicone wax designed to product a durable, high gloss finish on fresh or cured automotive paint. Can be hand or DA applied.

Wondering if its worth it to get that and the PC with some pads or just get a kit here with like XMT or Poorboys. Any comments? Thanks!

If this thread is not okay, please delete it, just trying to see my options. Thanks for the great site!

koibybrian
03-20-2007, 05:30 PM
I have used 3m compoud and Swirl remover for dark cars with mixed results. The Service folk where I work suggest whatever paint manufacture makes. I use What body shops aroud my local uses. Some use 3m for swirlls and scratches and wizards for the sealent. Some use wizards for both. I do intended to branch out a bit. Sorry all I know.

ScottB
03-20-2007, 05:50 PM
Fair Warning --- 3M is designed for the professional, and I personally always found to have a harder learning curve.