PDA

View Full Version : is this any good????

brian45acp
05-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Metro Vac N'Blo® Portable Vacuum doubles as a powerful blower. Blow dry your car or motorcycle or vacuum your vehicle's interior with one Metro Vac N (http://www.autogeek.net/vacnbloporva.html)

Issue I am having is that on Amazon its $40 less and sold by AG under their Palm beach motoring name.

Before I make my choice I want to know if its any good. Currently all I have is the home vac that I drag out and use the short hose it has. I could buy a vac from Lowes but figured this Metor vac is designed for a car and has all the right attachments.

I might actually go with this one here. Seems a bit more but you get all the stuff you need.
Metro Full Size Vac N' Blo 4.0 HP Vacuum, car vacuum and blower, vac and blow, metro vac (http://www.autogeek.net/metro-full-size-vac-n-blo.html)

Bunky
05-04-2012, 05:26 PM
I have the portable Metro. It comes with a strap so it can carried over the shoulder since the dolly attaches with velcro and fairly quiet.

It has the same lift as the larger Metro. The downsides of the portable is that the bag is much smaller so will lose suction quicker if you use the paper bags. Also, the hose is only 6 ft so may be a tad short so you may want to get the 6 ft extension (I did). It is built like a tank like other Metro units.

It can be used to blow water out of crevices but you get maximum force if you remove the cloth and paper bag plus the end cap on the suction in. While it has often 2x the suction as a shop vac, it lacks the CFM so does not always feel 2x more powerful since the work area is smaller.

I got it because it was equal in power as larger 4HP model, much more portable (take somewhere, shoulder strap, detachable dolly), light weight, etc. It is a nice machine.

Webb
05-04-2012, 05:53 PM
I would just get a wet/dry vacuum it's a 1/3 of the price and you can plug the hose in the back of it to use as blower.

brian45acp
05-05-2012, 12:29 AM
I dont need a blower I have an air compressor for that or a leaf blower.

I was thinking of just a wet/dry vac from Lowes but they dont have the attachments and the hose is low quality compared to the Metro.

Well I think I may just get it since I currently have nothing at all other then the house vac.

Webb
05-05-2012, 07:46 AM
I have a Craftsman 16 gallon for over 10 years,the hose still good.Right now you can get them for less than $90.00 no tax free shipping.