PDA

View Full Version : Tips for the Souveran/Klasse kit

FlawlessMustang
05-04-2012, 09:49 AM
Good morning my fellow detailers :D ,

I'm planning on detailing my car tomorrow using the Souveran/Klasse kit. I was just wondering if anyone has any tips on using it. This will be the first time i've used a clay bar/lubricant, the Klasse all-in-one, and I may have used a paste wax once before, but it has been atleast 5 years ago if I have. I have about a 7 month old black 2012 Mustang that has not been waxed or anything yet. I do make sure I wash it every few days. Usually if I have time and it's not raining then i'm out washing it. I forgot to mention i'm a little obsessed with detailing it now :dblthumb2:

My plan is to go to my dads machine shop early in the morning, so I will have an inside area to do everything besides washing. I'm going to wash it with Pinnacle body wash and dry it, use the clay bar/lubricant, wash it again(?), apply/remove the Klasse all-in-one, let it sit for 2-4 hours for the Klasse to cure a little, then apply the Souveran wax.

I'm using the Pinnacle bodywash, a Meguiar's microfiber wash mitt, and the Cobra Guzzler HD towel to dry.

Also there is a chance of storms tomorrow, so would it be ok if the car gets wet a few hours after doing all this work? Due to my school and work schedule, it's hard to find a decent amount of time. I'm finally off from work for a whole weekend and just finished my spring semester and will be starting my summer semester Monday, so I have no school work to worry about!!! :xyxthumbs:

Thanks!

wgilles
05-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Put the Klasse on THIN THIN THIN! Don't gob it on. I usually let the Klasse cure for about 2-3 hours before I put my LSP on it. I've used the Klasse Souveran combo before and it comes out great.

The only real downside to it getting rained on a couple hours after is you're going to have to wash it again.

Are you applying everything by hand or with machine?

FlawlessMustang
05-04-2012, 10:10 AM
I will be doing it all by hand. I definitely don't mind washing it again lol. That's the highlight of my days. I bought the Mike Phillips detailing book, so I will be reading through it tonight. By letting the Klasse cure, I am correct about applying it then removing it then letting it sit right? I want to make sure i'm not supposed to apply it and let it sit (cure) then remove it. Also what is LSP? I'm new to the detailing scene if you can't tell.

embolism
05-04-2012, 10:36 AM
doesn't the klasse kit come with Klasse All in One, Klasse Sealant Glaze, and Souveran?

Are you only going to use the KAIO, then Souveran? If so, then you needn't wait to apply the Souveran. But remember, it is more of a beauty wax and is not very durable. KAIO has some protection, but it is more of a chemical cleaner and base for the real workhorse in the trio, the Klasse Sealant Glaze.

That said, I would not skip the KSG. If durability and looks is what you are after, do it right the first time by putting a coat or two of KSG on top of the KAIO, wait 8 hrs for the sealant to cure, then top it with Souveran.

KSG is a bit finicky to apply. You want to put it on so thin that it looks like windex evaporating on the paint against the light. It won't look like anything is there but it is. If you put it on too thick it is very hard to remove. See my thread below for full tips on application:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/42576-winter-prep.html

The wax won't last super long (maybe 2-3 weeks max) especially if the car is not garaged, but you can rest assured that the KSG and KAIO will be there for a long time so maybe once a month, following a wash, you can apply Souveran to maintain that deep wet look.

FlawlessMustang
05-04-2012, 10:43 AM
The Souveran/Klasse kit doesn't come with Klasse Sealant Glaze. It only comes with the AIO. There may be a different kit that comes with the Sealant Glaze.

kline39
05-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Thats a shame it doesn't come with the Klasse Sealant Glaze. Personally, i'd go out and get some and do at least 2-3 layers, letting each cure for about 12 hours. You mentioned your new to detailing, so if you didnt know, black is probably the hardest color to maintain. You can see every little scratch it gets, and so i'd spring for the extra protection. Also, Klasse SG comes with quite a bit of a learning curve. Look it up with the search function on these forums, and you'll find alot of great info on how to apply and remove it. I know Klasse Act has a few excellant posts about it.

All in all, the klasse twins "KAIO and KSG" can be tricky to work with at first, but its durability is legendary and its gotta be good to have its own loyal fan base.

FlawlessMustang
05-04-2012, 11:55 AM
I may buy some and use it next time. I know black is said to be the hardest color to maintain. As soon as I wash it, the pollen is on it and it looks terrible when you're close to it lol.

andrew b
05-04-2012, 12:15 PM
You don't need to wait between the AIO and the next step. The KSG needs to cure, but it sounds like you don't have it.

Defintely read the posted thread and some others related to Klasse application. AIO is pretty easy to use, though.

Hunter09
05-06-2012, 07:53 AM
The Souveran/Klasse kit doesn't come with Klasse Sealant Glaze. It only comes with the AIO. There may be a different kit that comes with the Sealant Glaze.

The forum fav comes with the glaze.
I need to get the glaze