PDA

View Full Version : Compounding and polishing ?s

HawklessDetail
05-04-2012, 07:20 AM
Hi I was just wondering what u guys charge for each step of compounding/Polish Iv been do this for 7+ years still don't have a set price for anything. I always worry myself if it's to high or two low so I just do a. Estimate. So if u were to do let's say a 4 step buff on a car down to jeweling what would u charge..... Just looking for ideas

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Jerryh3
05-04-2012, 07:22 AM
(Time X Value of your time) + profit + overhead = price.

LuxuryMobile
05-04-2012, 07:41 AM
I charge $50 an hour for paint correction services. I try to estimate within an hour or so what the job should take.

I don't like the idea of having set prices for paint correction services. Set prices for interior jobs or wash/wax is not as big of a deal IMO.

HawklessDetail
05-04-2012, 08:06 AM
Thanks I was just curious I've done some where when I finished car looked great but yet I felt my pocket was still empty lol.....now interiors I can agree with you on I'm norm for full interior around small car 80-225 up to full van which is pretty much doing everything there is to do inside. now one? Is your 50 an hour just for u workIng or do u have someone help u I'm solo I can't seem to find someone I can trust which in turn takes more time, but In the end the overall detail is consistent throughout which my customers like.

BobbyG
05-04-2012, 08:08 AM
(Time X Value of your time) + profit + overhead = price.

:welcome: To Autogeek Online Jerry and a great 1st post! :props:

Jerryh3
05-04-2012, 08:12 AM
Thanks. Long time lurker, first time poster. Finally got to use something I learned in all those business classes.

LuxuryMobile
05-04-2012, 08:15 AM
Thanks I was just curious I've done some where when I finished car looked great but yet I felt my pocket was still empty lol.....now interiors I can agree with you on I'm norm for full interior around small car 80-225 up to full van which is pretty much doing everything there is to do inside. now one? Is your 50 an hour just for u workIng or do u have someone help u I'm solo I can't seem to find someone I can trust which in turn takes more time, but In the end the overall detail is consistent throughout which my customers like.

That is a great question and something I try to make sure clients understand before I get started.

$50/hr is man hours. If I can do a paint correction by myself in 8-10 hours but can complete it in 4-5 hours with someone helping and the results are exactly the same I feel it is still appropriate to charge total man hours.

Paint correction services are a special market anyways and most people, IME, understand this. I'm sure there are a lot of customers that wouldn't

HawklessDetail
05-04-2012, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the tips bud... Yeah I get customers all the time when I ask well what would u like done ( I just want all the scratches out lol) I'm like well u use the auto wash a lot of course they always say yes I'm always tell them my cost and there just like well I can go to the local production shop and full detail is 100 Bucks ....yeah well they don't even come close to do what I do plus I doubt use the products I use in high quality in place of quantity . But to make it short there happy as he'll when they see there car worth just a one step. Most just don't understand auto washs hurt there paint and productions shops are in and out not all but most high-school kids at minimum wages. NOTHING ERRRKKS ME MORE THEN TO DRIVE BY AND SEE THEM DROP A RAG AND PICK BACK UP AND BACK TO DRYING THOU GO.....