PDA

View Full Version : XMT #4 vs. Meg's #4

Pages : [1] 2

cusepack
03-20-2007, 03:18 PM
Received my XMT 4 today and did a spot test on my '91 Honda Accord (white). I had previously tried the Meg's #4 and was not happy with the results. Well . . . . I can share with you that XMT #4 is far superior to Meg's. The ease of application (with a rotary) was astounding. Although not recommended, for comparison sake, I also did a spot test under the hood by hand with Meg's & XMT. XMT went on easier and lifted much more than the Meg's. Had to rub twice as hard with the Meg's.

My Accord is still a work in progess, but I have to say, I'm very pleased (so far) with what I've seen from the XMT 4.

Pinnacle surely knows all about the elements of S. Fla. & the sun. Kudos!!!

ltoman
03-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Received my XMT 4 today and did a spot test on my '91 Honda Accord (white). I had previously tried the Meg's #4 and was not happy with the results. Well . . . . I can share with you that XMT #4 is far superior to Meg's. The ease of application (with a rotary) was astounding. Although not recommended, for comparison sake, I also did a spot test under the hood by hand with Meg's & XMT. XMT went on easier and lifted much more than the Meg's. Had to rub twice as hard with the Meg's.

My Accord is still a work in progess, but I have to say, I'm very pleased (so far) with what I've seen from the XMT 4.

Thank you for the update. I did not know that Meg's had a comparable product. How do you think XMT #4 would work with a pc? I am about to buy as soon as I get paid, but I use the pc only and my vette has the clear coat from hell.
Input on this one?
Many thanks!
Lauren

ScottB
03-20-2007, 03:23 PM
XMT is a great line for professional and novice alike, #4 adds to it placing a compound at the aggressive end to compliment the line.

Lauren, I dont see where its needed on a new Vettes finish, so tread carefully. Compounds are very aggressive and with an abrasive pad can make an almost dangerous choice.

ltoman
03-20-2007, 04:47 PM
This frustrates the hell out of me. My swirls are much better but I am covered in spider webbing!! WHat do I do?
Vette owners even tell me differently here. All I know is in the sun it looks BAD!
I posted I was going to pay a detailer, and everyone jumped in and said no. I agreed. But what do I do? 6 months old and it looks bad to me!!
Waaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nick19
03-20-2007, 04:53 PM

I have had very successful results with the other Meg's polishes, not sure why #4 wouldn't be any better.

#80 and #83 are probably some of the best polishes I've ever used. I'll be using a sample of some Menzerna polishes here soon.

HighEndDetail
03-20-2007, 05:03 PM
This frustrates the hell out of me. My swirls are much better but I am covered in spider webbing!! WHat do I do?
Vette owners even tell me differently here. All I know is in the sun it looks BAD!
I posted I was going to pay a detailer, and everyone jumped in and said no. I agreed. But what do I do? 6 months old and it looks bad to me!!

I will work with you, to help you out. :grouphug: It's not that bad, trust me

nick19
03-20-2007, 05:06 PM

Not likely.. women like to exaggerate a lot.. a lot like their shoes they buy.... "...but it was on sale, I had to buy it!! (...but still $300)"

koibybrian
03-20-2007, 05:13 PM
I Bought PC HD. I like that I do not have to use extension cord. Spider webs are they from stress? Never seen very many of them on Modern Vette.

sneek
03-20-2007, 06:29 PM

umm, to be fair I am sure that #4 isn't the right product to be comparing XMT 4 to. #4 is more or less like a rubbing compound. IIRC, it has small abrasives in it. I don't really think that Meg's has a product to compare but the closest would be #83 or #84.

cusepack
03-20-2007, 06:53 PM
I should have clarified my main purpose for comparing XMT #4 & Meg's #4 . . .

Aside from the degree of abrasiveness, I wanted to see which one did a better job at removing oxidation, swirls, etc. I was very pleased with XMT's results. As far as Meg's, I like their products, including #80 & #83. I used both on my car, but just couldn't get the results I was looking (hoping) for. Through trial and error, (and fantastic AG advice) I am understanding what works best on white, and well, what works best on everything else!!! White is tough to work on. In any event, I've had tremendous results with Meg's #80 & #83 on other cars, but for my car, I wanted, (okay, needed!!) better results, and of course, I have more time to work on mine. It's an OCD detailing thing, ya know!!!

ltoman
03-20-2007, 08:55 PM
Not likely.. women like to exaggerate a lot.. a lot like their shoes they buy.... "...but it was on sale, I had to buy it!! (...but still $300)"Dang right. You want a girl with some nappy ass shoes on? or none and some dirty ole feet? I don't think so!
ROFLMAO

I guess it is not that that bad, but I want it perfect like the other ones you guys post!

ltoman
03-20-2007, 08:56 PM

Ed is my buddy.
Thanks Ed.
First I get the Menzerna.
Then I walk on Nick19's Olds with my $300 spikes.:D

Nica
03-20-2007, 09:15 PM
lol...Lauren your to much hahahaha..

So did you get XMT #4 to try it on your Vett?

Did you read the PM I sent you?

ltoman
03-20-2007, 09:16 PM
lol...Lauren your to much hahahaha..

So did you get XMT #4 to try it on your Vett?

Did you read the PM I sent you?

Nica,
I never got your pm.????
No, I have been advised by the Vettley knowledgeable to go with another tactic.
;)
PM me.
Lauren

6LS2
03-20-2007, 09:20 PM

God I'd hate to see you own a black car LOL, there there Lauren, she'll be looking good soon! Or you could just get it resprayed LOL :-/

George.
6LS2