PDA

View Full Version : Liquid vs. Paste

Pages : [1] 2

Shakabruddah808
05-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Liquid vs. paste. Shine vs. depth. I'm interested in switching over to a paste wax (Natty's Blue or Red, not sure yet) and was wondering if it's possible to add 'depth' to a white car?

I'm currently using Meg's Ultimate Liquid Wax on my white '12 Honda Fit and it gives an incredible shine. Now I'd like to "graduate" to paste waxes. Any suggestions?
:detailer:

Agfan
05-03-2012, 02:09 PM
No to be a jerk but does anyone know where the search button is on this forum? Seems like the same questions are being asked every two weeks. This is a great place for info and there is tons of it. Search people!!

shoeless89
05-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Liquid vs. paste. Shine vs. depth. I'm interested in switching over to a paste wax (Natty's Blue or Red, not sure yet) and was wondering if it's possible to add 'depth' to a white car?

I'm currently using Meg's Ultimate Liquid Wax on my white '12 Honda Fit and it gives an incredible shine. Now I'd like to "graduate" to paste waxes. Any suggestions?
:detailer:

Personally I like paste waxes way more then liquid. Their not hard to apply . . . usually. Just depends on the wax. White is one of those colors its pretty much impossible to get a Lot of depth out of. Try some Light Fantastic from Dodo or Fuzion, those should both give you good results on white.

Mike Phillips
05-03-2012, 02:16 PM
and was wondering if it's possible to add 'depth' to a white car?

Not the kind of depth you get with black and other dark colors, it's just the nature of the light colors to now reflect images as richly as dark colors.

For light colors, aim for gloss by getting the surface as smooth as possible...

Gloss comes from smoothness

:)

Mike Phillips
05-03-2012, 02:18 PM
No to be a jerk but does anyone know where the search button is on this forum? Seems like the same questions are being asked every two weeks. This is a great place for info and there is tons of it. Search people!!

Keep in mind, some people might be new to "discussion forums" and might not know there's a search feature.

Even if someone knows where the search button is or can find their way to the Advanced Search then there's a bit of an art to choosing just the right search terms.

That said,

Advanced Search Engine for the AGO Forum (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/search.php)

:xyxthumbs:

Shakabruddah808
05-03-2012, 02:25 PM

Yes, as a matter of fact I have used the SEARCH function. Problem is it oftentimes takes me to far earlier postings. I need CURRENT info, not DATED!

So Agfan, if it bugs you so very much, I'd take it kindly if you didn't post mildly abusive replies. This forum is for the sharing of info, not the sharing of insults, thank you very much!

Agfan
05-03-2012, 02:47 PM
Yes, as a matter of fact I have used the SEARCH function. Problem is it oftentimes takes me to far earlier postings. I need CURRENT info, not DATED!

So Agfan, if it bugs you so very much, I'd take it kindly if you didn't post mildly abusive replies. This forum is for the sharing of info, not the sharing of insults, thank you very much!

Chaka Kahn,
My response was not exactly pointed towards you but to everyone in general. I was just letting it be known that there is a search section and it helps to answer question like yours. Infact I just did a search of your question and found 3 separate threads that all could give you plenty of info. So give it another try. If you still have questions after that then you can sing " tell me something good" and we can help ya out. :xyxthumbs:
Sorry. But to answer your question. Pastewax is usually a lot better in duribility and there are a ton that could add depth to white paint. Check out dodo juice light fantastic. Its amazing stuff.

Dr Oldz
05-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Agfan... Who died and left you in charge? Y bother even posting if you are going to offer nothing useful?

The OP there many paste waxes I like on white but 2 favorites are Midnight Sun and Pinnacle signature series II as both look great and are very very easy to use.

Setec Astronomy
05-03-2012, 03:54 PM

If you like the Meg's Ultimate liquid, why don't you simply try the Meg's Ultimate paste?

215Detailing
05-03-2012, 04:01 PM

enlarge photo to see reflection look to left of bottle of M105 and you can see window (House) reflections

Jaretr1
05-03-2012, 06:35 PM
From what I have heard, using a "colored" wax might add a little depth to white paint. However, as Mike mentioned, the key to great looking paint is more in the preparation than the wax itself. For colored waxes, also check out some of the dodojuice options.

Vegas Transplant
05-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Chaka Kahn,
My response was not exactly pointed towards you but to everyone in general. I was just letting it be known that there is a search section and it helps to answer question like yours. Infact I just did a search of your question and found 3 separate threads that all could give you plenty of info. So give it another try. If you still have questions after that then you can sing " tell me something good" and we can help ya out. :xyxthumbs:
Sorry. But to answer your question. Pastewax is usually a lot better in duribility and there are a ton that could add depth to white paint. Check out dodo juice light fantastic. Its amazing stuff.

No disrespect to you either hand, but let me show you something that I learned here on the forum recently...Hard vs soft wax

Seems that you and I are not alone in our thinking...albeit, erroneous.:dunno:

Hunter09
05-03-2012, 08:35 PM
I like using both paste and liq wax.

Shakabruddah808
05-04-2012, 12:00 AM
Keep in mind, some people might be new to "discussion forums" and might not know there's a search feature.

Even if someone knows where the search button is or can find their way to the Advanced Search then there's a bit of an art to choosing just the right search terms.

That said,

Advanced Search Engine for the AGO Forum (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/search.php)

:xyxthumbs:

Thanks Mike! Always feels good to have someone come to a 'Newbie's defense!:wave::wave:

Shakabruddah808
05-04-2012, 12:10 AM
Not the kind of depth you get with black and other dark colors, it's just the nature of the light colors to now reflect images as richly as dark colors.

For light colors, aim for gloss by getting the surface as smooth as possible...

Gloss comes from smoothness

:)

Thanks Mike! Guess I'll have to claybar, polish, clean then wax. On the other hand, since gloss is what I should be aiming for, perhaps one of the sealants might be good. Klasse AIO or Blackfire sounds about right. I have some very minor swirls, scratches and old wax that needs to be removed/fixed, so I think I'll go with Klasse. If anyone has any suggestions please chime in. Enquiring (or is it inquiring) minds wanna know!D
:spam4: