PDA

View Full Version : Ph balance shampoo, what's the big deal?

kimtt
05-03-2012, 07:42 AM
Is it important to wash car with ph balance shampoo? I am running a production car wash center and currently I am using cheap shampoo which some times causes irritation to skin, but I would like to know the effect on car paint.

Setec Astronomy
05-03-2012, 08:04 AM
I think the main issue with pH balance is for not stripping LSP's. If you don't have that concern, then you are fine, after all people use decon systems which have highly acidic and highly alkaline components, with no damage to the paint.

shoeless89
05-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Is it important to wash car with ph balance shampoo? I am running a production car wash center and currently I am using cheap shampoo which some times causes irritation to skin, but I would like to know the effect on car paint.

Production car washes usually aren't concerned about using the best products to get the job done. To stay competitive the prices have to be as low as possible and that includes shampoos. But if you guys DID use a PH balanced shampoo, maybe the customer cars wouldn't get as clean and they would be angry. Pros and Cons to both. :)

I think the main issue with pH balance is for not stripping LSP's. If you don't have that concern, then you are fine, after all people use decon systems which have highly acidic and highly alkaline components, with no damage to the paint.

:iagree: