PDA

View Full Version : this pad that came with the porter cable

BADZZHUMMER
05-14-2006, 06:02 AM
i got my pc at home depot and it came with a white pad, is this white pad considered to be the "white pad" listed 4 sale on ag? used to apply wax and sealants etc? or is it just somethin that will cause trouble if i use it?

ScottB
05-14-2006, 06:20 AM
If you bought the 7424 at Home Depot, Lowes only sells the 7336, then it came with a polishing head with white foam head. It is nowhere as good as a white Lake Country pad, but can be used the first couple of times. Consider the larger counter weight, a flexible backing plate, and some new pads as soon as $$ permits.

BADZZHUMMER
05-22-2006, 07:51 PM
soooo, if i decide to use this with some wax or sealant will i be risking doing any damage?

Neothin
05-22-2006, 08:15 PM
more than likely. Do you really think that porter cable designed a quality piece to be put into each and every one of their 7424 variants for free? i would think not...

i actually used that pad twice. one time i used it on my glass. it disentigrated during that first use. the second time was when i doused it with gasoline, lit it on fire, and spun it up to speed 6. that was fun ;)

BritOn2wheels
05-22-2006, 08:41 PM
Now why didn't I think of that? :awesome:

I simply threw mine in the trash can.... kinda boring really...:rolleyes:

Neothin
05-22-2006, 08:52 PM
i ended up getting a couple of burns and holes in my shirt doing that. flaming chunks of foam when all up in the air and came down as a firey hellstorm. my mom said i was crazy... but i think she already knew that.

Meghan
05-23-2006, 07:32 AM
So that is where all that smoke in the sky was coming from, your neighborhood! :o
I recommend just throwing it out, no need for circus acts! :D

FloridaNative
05-25-2006, 08:23 PM
Dang Neo!! You really are a pyro! Hmmmmm Now I'm starting to wonder about what started those wildfires up in Central Florida a couple of weeks ago:rolleyes: ....

more than likely. Do you really think that porter cable designed a quality piece to be put into each and every one of their 7424 variants for free? i would think not...

i actually used that pad twice. one time i used it on my glass. it disentigrated during that first use. the second time was when i doused it with gasoline, lit it on fire, and spun it up to speed 6. that was fun ;)