It will be great to see you again Kyle!

:xyxthumbs:

Impressions
05-07-2012, 10:45 AM
I'll be there!

Mike Phillips
05-07-2012, 02:00 PM
I'll be there!

It's always great to have you help out Robert, I've added your name to the list...

Also, looks like we're going to broadcast live again!

Im the MAN

Mike Phillips
05-08-2012, 07:18 AM
***Live Broadcast***

Clear your schedule for Thursday evening as we will be broadcasting LIVE from the Autogeek Studio!

Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN

BillE
05-08-2012, 07:53 AM
Mike,

May I be so bold as to ask...what happened to the Swirl Girls on the Thursday night get togethers?

Bill

Mike Phillips
05-08-2012, 08:09 AM
Mike,

May I be so bold as to ask...what happened to the Swirl Girls on the Thursday night get togethers?

Bill

Good question. I've posted something similar before but here goes again...

All my life I've had the good fortune to work on a lot of really nice special interest vehicles and I've never used models after the hard work was finished and it was time to capture the beauty shots.

Last summer, when starting up the Thursday night, "Autogeek's Car of the Week" projects I thought the cars were too cool, our facilities were too sweet, to not take the opportunity to ask local girls if they would like to model with our project cars.

I asked the girls to wear dresses but to dress modestly and somehow that got lost in translation and the results were beautiful girls but dressed just a little too far over the line for the family friendly values and environment we like to set the standard for here at Autogeek.

So I put the brakes on that portion of these projects to maintain the highest standards of any detailing discussion forum on the Internet and to also keep the focus on the project cars, the products and the procedures we use to create show car finishes.

Good question and I'm glad you asked...

:dblthumb2:

Harleyguy
05-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Good question. I've posted something similar before but here goes again...

All my life I've had the good fortune to work on a lot of really nice special interest vehicles and I've never used models after the hard work was finished and it was time to capture the beauty shots.

Last summer, when starting up the Thursday night, "Autogeek's Car of the Week" projects I thought the cars were too cool, our facilities were too sweet, to not take the opportunity to ask local girls if they would like to model with our project cars.

I asked the girls to wear dresses but to dress modestly and somehow that got lost in translation and the results were beautiful girls but dressed just a little too far over the line for the family friendly values and environment we like to set the standard for here at Autogeek.

So I put the brakes on that portion of these projects to maintain the highest standards of any detailing discussion forum on the Internet and to also keep the focus on the project cars, the products and the procedures we use to create show car finishes.

Good question and I'm glad you asked...

:dblthumb2:So does this mean Robert and I have to dress up now Im the MANIm the MAN

jd56
05-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Boy Mike I wish I could make it Thursday, Id love to come back up there, but Ill be home watching it Live, Jeff

Mike Phillips
05-09-2012, 06:29 AM
So does this mean Robert and I have to dress up now

That's a kind offer but we're good...

Boy Mike I wish I could make it Thursday, Id love to come back up there, but Ill be home watching it Live, Jeff

Cool, it will almost be like being here without the satisfaction of taking a diamond in the rough and turning it into a glistening gemstone...

BillE
05-09-2012, 06:55 AM
Thank you the reply Mike.

Makes complete sense...

Bill

ThePressureKing
05-09-2012, 02:43 PM
hey mike can you throw me on the list also looks like a great time!would it be alright if i run a little late i don't finish work till about 430

Mike Phillips
05-09-2012, 02:53 PM
hey mike can you throw me on the list also looks like a great time!would it be alright if i run a little late i don't finish work till about 430

Showing up late is not a problem as the Thursday Night clinic are casual not formal classes. Also, since this is your first post to the forum,

Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome:

Do you have a first name? See this thread,

Roll Call - What's your real first name? (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/33701-roll-call-what-s-your-real-first-name.html)

:dblthumb2:

Mike Phillips
05-09-2012, 04:29 PM
We're about 24 hours away from the live broadcast!

Moderator for the Live Chat
Ray from Customer Care has volunteered to join us and run the chat box for the video feed. If anyone has any questions about what we're doing he can relay them to us in the Studio and then type the answers back into the chat box.