PDA

View Full Version : Expanding business

foamingcarwash
05-02-2012, 09:36 AM
I am looking to get into doing $29.99 basic washes I currently own and operate Mobile Car Wash-Mobile Detail-Auto Wash-Detailing-Houston, TX (http://www.foamingcarwash.com) just started on Home Page (http://www.butlercarwash.com) with my $29.99 car washes I am looking to do a low pressure system but have no idea where to start any advice or ideas would help

rider9195
05-02-2012, 09:55 AM
There are many threads on here that show some mobile detail set ups.

I would do a spell check on your website, there are a few errors. And I also wouldn't name the products. It just gives possible customers the chance to buy the products themselves and do their own work. That's not a huge deal really but just a thought.

SeaJay's
05-02-2012, 09:58 AM
May want to look into the Nomad. It's a small unit that is portable, quiet, and holds a few gallons of water.

I have never used it but know that several detailers use them.

foamingcarwash
05-02-2012, 10:00 AM
There are many threads on here that show some mobile detail set ups.

I would do a spell check on your website, there are a few errors. And I also wouldn't name the products. It just gives possible customers the chance to buy the products themselves and do their own work. That's not a huge deal really but just a thought.

Thanks!! :xyxthumbs:

Gurge
05-02-2012, 11:12 AM
almost finished my low pressure system. will post pics once complete. 45 gal tank (plasticmart), flojet water pump (4.9 gpm - northern tool), optima D31M blue top battery (amazon), rapid reel (amazon), craftsman hose (sears)

all mounted to a small custom subfloor in my tacoma

Largebore
05-02-2012, 11:19 AM
Thanks!! :xyxthumbs:
I actually like to see what chemicals are used.

Although a simple list of brands would probably work just as well.
Knowing that the detailer is using quality products makes me more comfortable that the job is not just typical car wash with simoniz commercial wax etc.
But then again I am not a regular customer of a detailer, as I do it my self but on some occassions I do have work done by others and I DO WANT to know what they are using on my car.

rider9195
05-02-2012, 11:20 AM

Knowing that the detailer is using quality products makes me more comfortable that the job is not just typical car wash with simoniz commercial wax etc.
But then again I am not a regular customer of a detailer, as I do it my self but on some occassions I do have work done by others and I DO WANT to know what they are using on my car.

I agree. I would put brand names of what product you use, just not the exact products.

foamingcarwash
05-02-2012, 09:27 PM

exactly :xyxthumbs: I just said thanks so I could post a quick response and move on Im the MANlets get real my clients would never attempt to do what we do.

foamingcarwash
05-02-2012, 09:28 PM
almost finished my low pressure system. will post pics once complete. 45 gal tank (plasticmart), flojet water pump (4.9 gpm - northern tool), optima D31M blue top battery (amazon), rapid reel (amazon), craftsman hose (sears)

all mounted to a small custom subfloor in my tacoma

yes pics would be great!!!

Gurge
05-03-2012, 09:24 AM
yes pics would be great!!!

waiting for a friend to fabricate a custom shelf for the extra battery. then i gotta do plumbing. once its operational I'll post some pics.