PDA

View Full Version : going to the washroom...mobile guys

Pages : [1] 2 3

ride5150
05-02-2012, 02:12 AM
if you have to go use the washroom, do you ask the customer to use theirs or run to a gas station? i would imagine it being a little uncomfortable letting someone you dont know into your house.

Detail_Dude
05-02-2012, 07:05 AM
if you have to go use the washroom, do you ask the customer to use theirs or run to a gas station? i would imagine it being a little uncomfortable letting someone you dont know into your house.

I imagine watering their shrubs would be worse :p

JorgeSFL
05-02-2012, 07:22 AM

Just tell them your killing weeds. I call that "added value'!

Im the MAN

kenv
05-02-2012, 07:22 AM

:iagree: Don`t be like that postal letter carrier who left a pile behind one of his customers bushes. Unknown to him a neighbor got him on video & sent it to the post office. :laughing:

Detail_Dude
05-02-2012, 07:23 AM
:iagree: Don`t be like that postal letter carrier who left a pile behind one of his customers bushes. Unknown to him a neighbor got him on video & sent it to the post office. :laughing:

Hysterical!!

Detail_Dude
05-02-2012, 07:24 AM
Just tell them your killing weeds. I call that "added value'!

Im the MAN
Yeah, say you were spraying yellow Round Up.

Setec Astronomy
05-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Don`t be like that postal letter carrier who left a pile behind one of his customers bushes. Unknown to him a neighbor got him on video & sent it to the post office. :laughing:

That sounds about like the mailmen of today.

SeaJay's
05-02-2012, 09:08 AM
I try not to use the customers bathroom. But sometimes there is no avoiding it. I will only pee at a customers house. I wouldn't stink it out, I'll go to a local gas station for that if I have to.

FUNX650
05-02-2012, 09:14 AM
Another reason for having/utilizing:

"The Two-Bucket Method" (With 'Grit-Gards', of course)!

:D

Bob

SeaJay's
05-02-2012, 09:14 AM
Another reason for having/utilizing:

"The Two-Bucket Method" (With 'Grit-Gards', of course)!

:D

Bob

That's awful! lol

Mike Phillips
05-02-2012, 09:16 AM
When you first arrive and meet with your customer, after discussing the job with them ask them where the facilities are located in case you need to use them. Most people I've worked for are very gracious and will simply let you know where the closest bathroom is located or the one they want you to use which is usually the one closest to their garage.

In my life, most of the work I've done is show car detailing or call it multi-step detailing where I'm going to be at the customer's house for 8 to 14 hours and sometimes overnight. They know this upfront and anyone hiring a person knowing they are going to be working on the "baby" all day also understands this person is human and going to need to use their facilities.

This is important because you will be working hard and in warm and hot climates you'll be sweating and you should be packing water or other fluids to keep yourself hydrated.

So just ask upfront and then push forward and get to work.

:xyxthumbs:

Gurge
05-02-2012, 11:50 AM
When you first arrive and meet with your customer, after discussing the job with them ask them where the facilities are located in case you need to use them. Most people I've worked for are very gracious and will simply let you know where the closest bathroom is located or the one they want you to use which is usually the one closest to their garage.

In my life, most of the work I've done is show car detailing or call it multi-step detailing where I'm going to be at the customer's house for 8 to 14 hours and sometimes overnight. They know this upfront and anyone hiring a person knowing they are going to be working on the "baby" all day also understands this person is human and going to need to use their facilities.

This is important because you will be working hard and in warm and hot climates you'll be sweating and you should be packing water or other fluids to keep yourself hydrated.

So just ask upfront and then push forward and get to work.

:xyxthumbs:

well theres your number 1 answer

I personally try to only use the clients facilities once. and thats after i've been there a few hours and they've had the chance to warm up to me a little bit. yeah i'm still a stranger but we've chatted it up and hopefully you have a good enough impression to allow me to pee inside.

Detail_Dude
05-02-2012, 12:13 PM
That's awful! lol

Swirl City!

Detail_Dude
05-02-2012, 12:13 PM
I just asked my gardner if he ever would - he said "never". Probably good advice.

Flannigan
05-02-2012, 12:33 PM
I agree with Mike, for the big jobs, assuming the customer will be home, I ask up front where the bathroom is, however if I'm going to be there long enough to take a lunch break, I try to get that all out of the way then. For a wash and wax, or something that is only going to take a few hours, I really try to never use a customer's bathroom. Just my .02