PDA

View Full Version : Various waxes

Shakabruddah808
05-01-2012, 12:53 AM
Greetings again! I have some questions regarding the following waxes/sealants:
1. Poorboy's World Natty's Liquid and Paste waxes (Blue and Red). Will it stain trim?
2. What are your thoughts regarding Optimum Spray Wax?
3. Opinions on Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax. Longevity not worth mentioning?
4. Collinite 845. I've heard hand application=hard removal+streaking and hazing.
5. Or should I just say, "Ah, the heck with all the waxes. I'll just put on a coat or two of Blackfire's Wet Diamond Sealant and be done with it".

Yeegads, the myriad of waxes that are available are truly mindboggling!

Feed back please

VitaSoy19
05-01-2012, 01:43 AM
1. Poorboy's World Natty's Liquid and Paste waxes (Blue and Red). Will it stain trim?
4. Collinite 845. I've heard hand application=hard removal+streaking and hazing.
5. Or should I just say, "Ah, the heck with all the waxes. I'll just put on a coat or two of Blackfire's Wet Diamond Sealant and be done with it".

Feed back please

I would say CGs butter wax has about 1 maybe 2 month durability on my car which is outside 24/7, but i love it since it is so easy to remove no matter how much u put on and it smells kinda of like bananas.

I never had 845 being hard to remove when i applied by hand, it is still one of the easiest waxes to apply and wipe off.

Do 2 applications of sealant of choice to ensure even coverage and top of with a wax of your choice.

szjalo
05-01-2012, 02:04 AM
Best spray wax on the market, pocket-friendly and maximum protection that a spray wax can ever have

go with a thin layer, no problem at all. I usually used 2-3 pea sized product for the first/ second panel after that, 1 dot for an entire panel.

There was once I squeeze the bottle too hard, getting too much products right on to the paint. I don't want to waste so I used all to wax that panel. With some QD, removal wasn't too hard. try not to put it on any glass then you should be fine.

Just my 2 cents

twisted1
05-01-2012, 02:34 AM
2.Try it on a properly prepped vehicle and you may be hooked.
3.No love for CG.
4.See #2. Remember- thin is in.
5.Now that spring is in full effect, I'm trying out spray sealants myself.

Okay did I win?
What's the prize anyway?

BobbyG
05-01-2012, 06:20 AM
I have no experience with Natty's Blue but their red paste works well and doesn't stain my trim.
Optimum Spray Wax is the best I've tried.
There are much better waxes in my opinion
Collinite 845 is an amazing wax. Apply it very thin, let it haze, then buff to a gorgeous shine. The best wax for the money!.
Sealants are great and BlackFire Wet Diamond is one of them.

Every manufacturer offers about 50 products and unless you're a collector you don't need them all. Select one or two for each phase and then get started.

Basic steps in order are:

Wash
Clay
Paint Correction & Polish
Seal
Wax

rider9195
05-01-2012, 07:16 AM
CG Butter Wet Wax doesn't last very long but the looks were worth it. Easy to apply and remove. 845 is best applied by machine but thin is in.

Mike Phillips
05-01-2012, 07:16 AM
What are you working on?

Daily driver? Show car? Garage Queen?

What condition is the paint in right now?

Show Car Quality?
Excellent Condition
Good Condition?
Mildly Neglected?
Severely Neglected?
Horrendous Swirls caused by the misuse of a rotary buffer?
Extreme Oxidation?
Extreme Orange Peel?
Unstable?
Clearcoat Failure?
Past the point of no return?

Paint condition, how or better yet, where the car is parked the majority of the time, how you wash it? These are all factors that affect how long any product lasts on the surface of car paint.

Page 37 of my how-to book goes over paint condition categories then goes into the question of what's your goal?

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1313/Page37ofBook.jpg

BuckeyeR/T
05-01-2012, 07:26 AM
I wonder if you are confusing #4 (845) with Collinite #915? 915 is more temperamental (IMHO) when you get it right it looks great and lasts a long time (longer than 845 according to Collinite)

ScottB
05-01-2012, 08:38 AM
If you want longer durability consider the sealant as you will likely wax less often, if you prefer dripping good looks then typically a wax will fit that bill but will need to be applied more often.

umi000
05-02-2012, 11:17 AM

I only have the Blue paste, and I haven't tried it yet, so not sure.

Great durability for a spray product, easy to use, nice slickness, and looks very good on top of a carnauba (nicely complements that carnauba glow, instead of the reflective gloss of a sealant).

Haven't used this yet...

If you apply thinly, it'll be easy enough to remove. That said, I do feel that 845 is a bit overrated around here (expounded on the reasons why in the overrated products thread :)).

Love BFWD - so easy to use, nice wet look, and leaves the paint really slick :). Here's my opinion - I don't see the point of using a "beauty" sealant like BFWD (or WGDGPS, or MPL) if you're just going to be topping with another LSP. Might as well just use a more durable product as your base (like FK1000P, Duragloss, or the Klasse twins) if that's the case.

Feed back please

Hmmm, looks like I didn't even have answers to some of the questions - bit rubbish of me :D