PDA

View Full Version : How much product to use and how often?

JJH2329
04-30-2012, 05:48 PM
Hi Everyone,
If you are starting with a new pad or a newly cleaned pad, how much product do you apply and how often? If you are working about a 2ft by 2ft section, is it good practice to apply product every other section and mist the pad with spray wax before you do a section where you are not applying product again? Any advice or tips would be great! Thanks...

BobbyG
04-30-2012, 06:08 PM
I'm a bit confused; are you polishing or waxing the finish?

Polishing

Once you've correctly primed the foam pad, apply 4 dime size globs about 3/4" in from the perimeter of the pad, place the pad on the finish, then switch on the machine. Use a criss-cross pattern going back and forth until 3 to 4 sectional passes are complete.

Reapply polish and repeat on the next section..

How to prime a foam pad when using a DA Polisher (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/35292-how-prime-foam-pad-when-using-da-polisher.html)

JJH2329
04-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Sorry, should have specified...How much product would you apply when using a swirl remover, finishing polish or glaze and finally a wax or sealant? This weekend I did my truck with Wolfgang's total swirl remover, followed by the finishing glaze and finally a wax. On some of my passes with the swirl remover, I found my product drying up before I was able to get 5 passes complete.

Thanks again.

HawklessDetail
05-01-2012, 06:48 AM
I have that product also just do the same as told in last post. You always wanna prime the pad to get the full cutting ability of product and pad size. I have never had a problem with Wolfgang total swirl remover drying g up always lasted forever I have noticed little of that product goes a long way seems to work better with 2-3 dime size spots.