PDA

View Full Version : Barf question - yes i know it sounds nuts....

Pages : [1] 2

ltoman
03-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Ok, my buddy ____ puked in his neon.
Mostly on the vinyl.
I rarely clean insides as mine is new and neat. I told him just use 409 or something. Was that the right choice? i had no product to give him this time.
Thoughts?
lauren - thanks!

nick19
03-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Depends on how long ago it was.

I would use Meg's Deordorizer, massage in, vaccum that up, and follow that up with Meg's SUPER Degreaser. After that, re-deodorize, and apply any car scent.

Or if he needs to buy OTC products; some sort of deodorizer (Febreeze maybe?), interior brush, and Purple Power diluted 5:1 to 10:1. Depends on how much and bad it is.

FloridaNative
03-19-2007, 08:23 PM
Let me guess, the buddy was Irish and drank too much green beer? Clean Air fogger should get the smell out. As for the cleaning, I would use like woolite and water (10:1) on the vinyl and proably rent a steam carpet cleaner for the rest (if he doesn't have one) and then use the clean air fogger after that when the carpets and everything is dry.

HighEndDetail
03-19-2007, 08:27 PM
Ok, my buddy ____ puked in his neon.
Mostly on the vinyl.
I rarely clean insides as mine is new and neat. I told him just use 409 or something. Was that the right choice? i had no product to give him this time.
Thoughts?
lauren - thanks!
So he did this http://www.96lt4.com/smileys/throwup.gif Well how long ago did he do this. And did he do any attempt to clean it up. Before he asked you.

Like Nick 19
said a apc diluted/ and some rubber gloves.

A ozone neutralizer spray for smell. And then use DP Interior Surface Protectant

ltoman
03-19-2007, 09:28 PM
yes he is irish! lol!! and it was st patty's day! you got the rest!!!

yes, he cleaned it up as well as he could at the time, but it is not up to par and his girlfriend is pissed off he is using her car and dropping her off at work - lol ha ha lol
until he can get it satisfactory.
i know i shouldn't laugh.
i will make a list of these ideas and email them so he has some pride left intact.
thanks all!
guess he can't always mooch good stuff off of me!!! (ag stuff)

Nuke33
03-19-2007, 10:28 PM
Maybe try some Meg deorderizer I got some at a local kmart have not tryed it yet so i cant comment on how well it works.

Anthony Orosco
03-19-2007, 10:53 PM
This is a BIO-hazard..it's acid from ones stomach and not something to just clean using ordinary stuff.

The area should be thoroughly cleaned using a product designed to clean and disinfect vomit and urine. Most likely an enzyme product which will kill the bacteria.

All surrounding areas should be cleaned and don't use anything that masks odors like Fabreeze. You want to use a product that kills the food source of the bacteria which causes the smell or odors.

ValuGard has an excellant product for offensive odors called "Odor-Terminator" Works great.

Anthony

CalgaryDetail
03-20-2007, 02:29 AM
I have cleaned up puke on a few ocasions, we well as human fecial matter (i am not even lying if you dont belive me i can dig up my post onit).

One thing that worked well was diluted apc. I cut it 1:1 to make it strong. I applied and let soak. I then vacumed and scrubed as much out as i couold. I followed by using a bissel extractor (i wish i had the one i have now). i extacted 3 times. if you need to rent an extractor this is a life saver. I again follewed with apc and let soak in. I then vacumes everything out.

i then used like half a bottle of fabreeze and left it over night with the window cracked.

Finnaly i used an odor bomb (and i used the whole can this stuff smelt like cinimon) and let that air out for a few hours

This seamed to get rid of the smell, i called the customer a week later, she told me that it worked really well. Only once did she smell it again (which brought up some bad memories)

WEAR GLOVES AND A MASK.

I cannot stress that enough. hell i even dressed in garbage bages with holes for my head and arms. Dont take any chances its just not worth it trust me.

ltoman
03-20-2007, 10:24 AM
I have cleaned up puke on a few ocasions, we well as human fecial matter (i am not even lying if you dont belive me i can dig up my post onit).

One thing that worked well was diluted apc. I cut it 1:1 to make it strong. I applied and let soak. I then vacumed and scrubed as much out as i couold. I followed by using a bissel extractor (i wish i had the one i have now). i extacted 3 times. if you need to rent an extractor this is a life saver. I again follewed with apc and let soak in. I then vacumes everything out.

i then used like half a bottle of fabreeze and left it over night with the window cracked.

Finnaly i used an odor bomb (and i used the whole can this stuff smelt like cinimon) and let that air out for a few hours

This seamed to get rid of the smell, i called the customer a week later, she told me that it worked really well. Only once did she smell it again (which brought up some bad memories)

WEAR GLOVES AND A MASK.

I cannot stress that enough. hell i even dressed in garbage bages with holes for my head and arms. Dont take any chances its just not worth it trust me.

Thank you all!
I will pass this on - there is NO WAY I am doing that for him - friend or not!!
Besides, I think he has the vast majority done. He won't let me see it. He was waiting on my suggestions to finish it off tonight.
Luckily, he was too embarassed to try and run in through a car wash!
(He is swirl city and we are still getting to the clay-it-now issue, so swirls aren't the issue at hand! lol)
Thanks everyone.
ANd remember, just cause you're Irish does not mean you should drink too much green anything on March 17th!

Lauren:cheers: :D

Mike T
03-20-2007, 10:49 AM
DO to some incidents inside taxi cabs I have found Poorboy's S&W and a MF to be a great combo for cleanup. Man I use S&W for everything.

Gary Sword
03-20-2007, 12:38 PM
I would tell him to get a new car before I would ride with him. Also next time he should pluke out the window. It makes clean up a lot easier.

ltoman
03-20-2007, 01:04 PM
I would tell him to get a new car before I would ride with him. Also next time he should pluke out the window. It makes clean up a lot easier.

Ha ha! Really! He is my "help, I need a ride" savior!!

After trying not to laugh at him (much) I asked him why he did not aim for the window - he said he did. First he had to roll it down manually - it is a Neon - so all of it did not "make it", so to speak.

Ugh. This is getting nauseating. I did give him my sample of DG Absorb-It courtesy of the kind folks at AG. It went to good use!

Hey, off topic - the Meg's APC - they sell that here too?
GLAD YOU ARE BACK< GARY!
You are fun to joke with.
Lauren

Craig
03-20-2007, 01:36 PM
You did say a friend of yours. I've heard that one before, is it really a friend of yours, or did you puke in your vette?:D Come on, tell the truth, it was you wasn't it.:D You blew lunch in the vette. If it was a "friend" you would clean it up for him.:D Was the "friend" drinking green beer? All that green should make it easy to see what area needs cleaning.:D Good luck on this one, I rather remove swirls myself.

ltoman
03-20-2007, 01:42 PM
You did say a friend of yours. I've heard that one before, is it really a friend of yours, or did you puke in your vette?:D Come on, tell the truth, it was you wasn't it.:D You blew lunch in the vette. If it was a "friend" you would clean it up for him.:D Was the "friend" drinking green beer? All that green should make it easy to see what area needs cleaning.:D Good luck on this one, I rather remove swirls myself.

Ha ha Craig lol comedy. I was waiting for this one. Yah it was really me and I barfed all over the cashmere vette and the whole interior is being redone.
(NOT!!)
And no, I was not riding with him, so why should I clean it up? Let his girlfriend do it!!! It is her car he has overtaken so it's their issue. He just thinks I know stuff about cleaning cars because I am "Anal" as he puts it, about clean cars and this forum. Lol. Guess that makes you anal too Craig, but we won't go there, you might like it!
Hee hee hee
You're bad!;)

Craig
03-20-2007, 03:23 PM
:D Anal? Sure, I've been called that a time or two, or three......to think of it, that's one of the nice things I've been called. You know its funny, he calls you anal for taking care of your car, but who did he call when he made a mess, you. I might have said, but I'm anal, why would you ask me? I don't puke in my car. :D I've read a little about this, since I never had to deal with it (and hope I never do), I didn't remember much on the subject. I do think Anthony and the others have the right ideas. This isn't for everyday cleaners.
When your friend gets everything cleaned up ask him why he's so anal over a little puke. :D Won't hurt anything. :D