PDA

View Full Version : Hard vs soft wax

Largebore
04-30-2012, 10:56 AM
I see that DODO JUICE is promoting hard waxes in addition to their soft waxes. Other than a more difficult application are their any advantages in using a hard wax?

twisted1
05-01-2012, 02:16 AM
More durable than its soft counterpart.

FUNX650
05-01-2012, 07:21 AM
I see that DODO JUICE is promoting hard waxes in addition to their soft waxes. Other than a more difficult application are their any advantages in using a hard wax?

-I personally don't believe there are any advantages, or disadvantages, in using hard waxes vs. soft waxes...Boils down to a person's preferences.

-Almost all car-care products chemists will agree that their wax formulations have more to do with their "bosses" production costs and marketing.

[Amelioration of application/removal; and, protective/durability/shine characteristics, among others, are determined by:
Quality, percentage, and carrier systems (emulsions, solvents, silicone--if any, etc.) of their wax formulations...
Still determined by the bosses price points in aquiring the "chemicals" for blending/formulating purposes...IMO.]

-Hard waxes are just of a different consistency(thicker) than soft, liquid, and creme waxes. That is: amount/concentration of solvents (the diluting of wax content effect---durability, perhaps?---for better lack of terms) and/or emulsion carrier systems...all which seems to enable waxes' spreading abilities by "softening" the wax...Afterwhich the carrier-systems have evaporated, the waxes, hard or soft, usually revert back to their: "M&M-hard shell-characteristics".

-Mr. Phillips said all of this in a nut-shell where he posted (I'm paraphrasing):
"When you swipe your applicator (hand-held/machine-pads) over a hard wax, you're in effect softening/liquifying the wax (friction=heat) for ease of application."

-Just a couple random thoughts I had...

:)

Bob

Kinalyx
05-01-2012, 07:43 AM
^--- Great explanation

mwoolfso
05-01-2012, 09:33 AM
Dodo Juice FAQ - Dodo Juice Waxes. (http://www.dodojuice.com/dodo-juice-faq-waxes.html)

twisted1
05-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Thank you forum members for removing yet another of my preconceived notions .:xyxthumbs: