PDA

View Full Version : Do Glazes really do anything ?

Largebore
04-30-2012, 10:12 AM
I currently use the Menzerna Glaze and I am not sure that it does much of anything.
I know their polishes are great, but [1] is Menzerna really the best choice in a glaze and [2] do any of the glazes on the market really do much ? and if yes, which ?

rider9195
04-30-2012, 10:19 AM
I have used CG EZ Creme Glaze and have noticed a difference on darker color cars. I feel like it is worth it for quick clean ups.

mwoolfso
04-30-2012, 10:46 AM
Many products today tend to have properties other products have, so it isn't as consistent (or intuitive) as one would expect.

Glazes, by definition, will typically add gloss to paint as well as hide some defects with fillers inherently in the product. Some glazes can do minor correction as well; just depends on the approach the manufacturer uses in their product portfolio. Any marring or scratches that remain after the polishing step would be further minimized with a glaze. This "filling" is something a Sealant or Wax wouldn't necessary do as well as a pure glaze (again, by definition).

BWG707
04-30-2012, 10:51 AM
I've found a glaze that works well on my white paint. It has put the best shine on my car yet.

Ted S.
04-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Glazes are amazing on SS paints! I've read of people using glazes on clearcoats to sqeeze out that last bit of gloss.

Megs#7 namely.

ShineTimeDetail
04-30-2012, 11:02 AM
Try Chem Guys Glossworkz...Stuff is the best I've ever used and I've used every glaze from CG...All the others are crap in my opinion..

flamed03vert
04-30-2012, 12:13 PM
Is Glossworkz a newer CG glaze? I see it's tough to find. Maybe AG will start carrying this as well. Sounds like a great glaze to use with BL and V7.

chalkupanother1
04-30-2012, 12:19 PM
Try Chem Guys Glossworkz...Stuff is the best I've ever used and I've used every glaze from CG...All the others are crap in my opinion..

I've used Glossworkz, and that a SHAMPOO car wash, not a Glaze...do you mean something else?

BobbyG
04-30-2012, 12:26 PM
Glazes fill making the surface uniform and glossy. They do work well to bring back a single stage paint adding oils and neutralists to the finish. The primary issue is glazes are temporary and provide almost no protection. Personally, I don't use them other than to create a wet look for a show or something.

XLNTShine
04-30-2012, 12:54 PM
Prima Amigo might be the exception the rule, at least in my case. Yet I dont know if Amigo is really a glaze or not.

ShinyRex
04-30-2012, 05:47 PM
They make a glossworks soap and a glaze.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2