PDA

View Full Version : Meg's APC Question

MK6Jetta
04-29-2012, 10:52 PM
So I used Meg's APC (the green stuff) dilluted at 10:1 to clean the interior of my car this weekend. My usual method of interior cleaning is to spray my microfiber several times with the APC until its relatively damp and then wipe the dash, door panels, arm rest, etc. A little buff with the dry side of my MF and done.

Few hours later I noticed that most of the surfaces I cleaned had some sort of sheen to them, almost like I applied a protectant (which I didn't do). Do I need to do a second pass with plain water on my MF to get rid of this sheen? Is this generally needed for Meg's APC (or any APC for that matter) when doing an interior? Any and all thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Danube
04-29-2012, 11:22 PM
IMO you need to follow the apc with clean warm water to get rid of foam and residue.

HotWhipT/A
04-30-2012, 12:05 AM
That's strange. I used Meg's green APC the other day on my seats at a 5:1 ratio. I sprayed the seats and scrubbed them with my interior brush and just wiped it down with a MF quickly. Cleaned them great and no sheen. I hand applied conditioner the following day. My tan leather looks and feels new!

Tre001
04-30-2012, 05:52 AM
There are optical brighteners in meg Apc and like mention before there is a residue left even after you wipe it dry once your done with your interior pass a damp chamois