PDA

View Full Version : Your Opinions

BADZZHUMMER
05-13-2006, 09:55 PM
OK, so after my last post ive decided to attack my swirls like this, keep in mind the truck is black and it shows any imperfections quite easilly!!!

using pc with orange pad and poor boys #1(if that dosent work ill go to 2.5, as the truck is only six months old and im pretty sure they are minor swirls, can only be seen in "just the right light)

using pc with white pad poor boys paint sealant with caranuba in it

using white pad some kind of wax which i havent decided on yet cuz between the truck, gas prices and now detail supplies im on a budget or should i say way over it!!! lol

my biggest fear is that ill #$#$# something up or damage the paint as i have never even cracked the pc out of the box yet!!! not to mention the hummer is inundated with trim and i need to figure out a way to remove the products after they contact the trim i appreciate any and all feedback as iam a total NEWBIE if u cant already tell in addition the h2 is a beast and im lookin at a good 6 hours to the deal but @##% it cuz this is the kinda work i like "THE QUEST FOR PERFECTION"

ScottB
05-13-2006, 10:07 PM
Orange Pad --- Cutting Pad, should only be used with polishes on badly swirled paints. Polish should be consider medium to highly abrasive, as pad is also similar. (most aggressive polish = compound)

White Pad --- Polishing Pad, can be used with most polishes on paint considered in good or nice condition. Use different polishes from finishing polish to compound as needed, usually a medium grade polish is best choice.

Grey Pad --- Finishing Pad, should be used with finishing polishes only to amp up the surface. Can we used with wax or sealant as desired (blue pad also acceptable) .

Best carnuaba on a budget --- Nattys Blue from Poorboys

FloridaNative
05-25-2006, 10:29 AM
Ditto to everything Killrwheels said. I was going to say Natty's blue too! It's only $15.99 Maybe Killer can chime in on this, but I think it's better to apply the sealant by hand rather than the PC. It doesn't need to be "broken down" and by hand you will use less product.

BILL
05-25-2006, 11:57 AM
Ditto to everything Killrwheels said. I was going to say Natty's blue too! It's only $15.99 Maybe Killer can chime in on this, but I think it's better to apply the sealant by hand rather than the PC. It doesn't need to be "broken down" and by hand you will use less product.

I also like the idea of applying the sealer by hand, you can really concentrate on the coverage x 2

Is Natty's blue more of a wax shine /depth for the buck than P 21S?? or souvran paste?

FloridaNative
05-25-2006, 01:57 PM
If I were to rank them I would put Souveran first. This is the absolute best wax. Natty's second and P21S third. :) But if you like the P21S get the S100 instead it's the same formula and it's alot cheaper. :)

BILL
05-25-2006, 04:12 PM
If I were to rank them I would put Souveran first. This is the absolute best wax. Natty's second and P21S third. :) But if you like the P21S get the S100 instead it's the same formula and it's alot cheaper. :)

Thanks......i just ordered souveran for my
AUTO GEEK IN TRAINING daughter......:D