PDA

View Full Version : Leather perforation

fastgsx
03-19-2007, 09:59 AM
I just picked up a 06 S2000, and have a question about cleaning the perforation in the leather. Basically, it has something imbedded in the holes (perforation) in the leather, and I want to get it out.
I was thinking about using a pin, or a toothpick to push the gunk out. Any suggestions?

Feed back please

Jimmie
03-19-2007, 10:36 AM
Never faced that problem so I'm coming from a position of no experience. It would seem that your best shot would be to first try a good leather cleaner, and this brush Vinyl & Leather Scrub Brush (http://www.autogeek.net/vilescbr.html) . I use that brush and it seems like it would be the perfect stiffness to get the gunk.

fastgsx
03-19-2007, 12:04 PM
That sounds like a great idea! Thats for the info, i just ordered the brush and some Raggtopp. I'll let you know what i find!

Nuke33
03-19-2007, 12:55 PM
Never seen that problem before crazy!

Grimm
03-19-2007, 01:58 PM
Did you try vacuuming it?

ryandamartini
03-19-2007, 02:42 PM
Leatherique or the Conelly? Hide Care products come to mind.

HighEndDetail
03-19-2007, 04:41 PM
I just picked up a 06 S2000, and have a question about cleaning the perforation in the leather. Basically, it has something imbedded in the holes (perforation) in the leather, and I want to get it out.
I was thinking about using a pin, or a toothpick to push the gunk out. Any suggestions?

Feed back please

I have done it with a pin before. Just be very careful, not to make the holes bigger. You also can try a target brand magic eraser and a woolite/water mix

fastgsx
03-20-2007, 07:10 AM
Did you try vacuuming it?

I did try that, it worked to an extent. I think I will need a vacuum going while I brush and pin the holes.

fastgsx
03-20-2007, 07:19 AM
I have done it with a pin before. Just be very careful, not to make the holes bigger. You also can try a target brand magic eraser and a woolite/water mix

Ok, good to know its been done before, it'll be like performing surgery I imagine.