PDA

View Full Version : More lc 5.5 flat pads or hydro tech bogos?

Ryan R
04-27-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm accustomed to using the orange and white LC 5.5 flat pads and happy with the results I get.
Never tried the hydro techs and curious as to whether or not I should get the 5.5 1.25 bogos or stick with a 6 pack of flat pads?

BrandonJ
04-27-2012, 02:31 PM
im in your situation, but the cut and way they say the tangerine pads finish are very appealing to me

Ryan R
04-27-2012, 02:32 PM
im in your situation, but the cut and way they say the tangerine pads finish are very appealing to me

True but I believe that goes for the low profile tangerine pads...not the 5.5 by 1.25's...that's my big concern ...hmm

embolism
04-27-2012, 02:39 PM
I don't think the extra thickness will be an issue if you have a Griots, but I've only ever used 7/8 inch thick pads and have no experience with those thicker ones.

A PCXP, though I dunno...

my buddy callicles showed me his setup once. A PCXP with 6.5 x 1.25 inch thick CCS pads which he did his 525i with (talk about making life hard on yourself).

Took him a while but he got 'er swirl free...

Ryan R
04-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Should've mentioned that im using a PC lol
im going to settle with a 6 pack of the 5.5 flat pads for now and throw in a 5.5 7/8 tangerine hydro tech pad to test out

Detailchick
04-27-2012, 03:29 PM
im going to settle with a 6 pack of the 5.5 flat pads for now and throw in a 5.5 7/8 tangerine hydro tech pad to test out
Wish I did that when I ordered to try out the hydro tech, when I try them I'll definetly go for the thinner ones

Ryan R
04-27-2012, 04:17 PM
Wish I did that when I ordered to try out the hydro tech, when I try them I'll definetly go for the thinner ones

I almost forgot to add it! Lol I'm sure I'll be happy with it. I've always seen good reviews on the hydro tech low profiles

SON1C
04-27-2012, 04:18 PM
why are you going with the lc flats over the hydros? if you had a GG would you be going with the hydros?

CEE DOG
04-27-2012, 04:45 PM
No question.... Get the hydrotech pads. The cyan have a shorter life but as amazing as they are the bogo price makes them appealing. Wth the new hybrid out you could go that route to replace the cyan but bogo is bogo. Take good care and you can get much more than 5$ out of a cyan pad.

Crimson and tangerine their is just no question... If you don't have plenty of them stock up!!

For wax and sealant grab some red and blue regular flat if they are available. Also, for super super soft paints you may like regular gray for finishing polishes but most paints finish better with crimson ht than gray.

PERFECTIONPLUS
04-27-2012, 07:37 PM
Can someone post a link to the logo for the hydro tech pads?

Ryan R
04-28-2012, 02:24 AM
why are you going with the lc flats over the hydros? if you had a GG would you be going with the hydros?

My concern wasn't the hydro tech themselves... It was the 1.25 thickness ones because the thinner pads work best with the PC in my experience.i went and ordered a low pro hydro tech to try out though.

drewberg11
04-30-2012, 09:47 AM
I used a PCXP for the first time a few months ago and it was difficult working with the 6.5" CCS pads that I had. Was interested in the hydro-tech bogo. Can anyone comment on how well the thicker (1.25") bogo pads work with the PCXP. Will they spin better then the 6.5" CCS?

Second question is pad selection. I have a subaru with pretty soft paint and a thin clear coat. I use WG total swirl remover and finishing glaze. Will the tangerine pads be sufficient with both of these products. Wondering if the cyan would be too aggressive. Thanks. Was thinking 4 tangerine and 2 crimson.