PDA

View Full Version : which Sealant for up sell

Detailchick
04-27-2012, 01:10 PM
I want to add a paint sealant to my detailing packages I'm having a hard time deciding which one/size to get and what to charge for the upgrade. I hear good things about BFWD and I already upsell collinite by $5 because It lasts longer. I was going to buy megs #21 but the guy told me I'm better of staying with collinite but I don't think I can sell collinite as a sealant though..

richy
04-27-2012, 01:12 PM
I want to add a paint sealant to my detailing packages I'm having a hard time deciding which one/size to get and what to charge for the upgrade. I hear good things about BFWD and I already upsell collinite by $5 because It lasts longer. I was going to buy megs #21 but the guy told me I'm better of staying with collinite but I don't think I can sell collinite as a sealant though..

Colli will outlast damned near every sealant out there, even though it's classified as a wax. I have a funeral home that I do cars for, and the package they get is DG 501/105/Colli 845. That lasts a year and they wash them almost daily by hand.

Larry S
04-27-2012, 01:35 PM
Corey Just did a fantastic review of Four Star Ultimate paint protection, It's going to be one of my future products to try.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/49189-review-four-star-ultimate-paint-protection.html

Detailchick
04-27-2012, 01:43 PM
Colli will outlast damned near every sealant out there, even though it's classified as a wax. I have a funeral home that I do cars for, and the package they get is DG 501/105/Colli 845. That lasts a year and they wash them almost daily by hand.
Yeah It is definitely my favorite wax sometimes I don't even want to say which one I use and definitely not how much it costs. Is 501 the Marine RV polish? never would of thought of using it

embolism
04-27-2012, 02:49 PM

no 601 in there somewhere, richy?

Gurge
04-27-2012, 02:55 PM
I personally don't really charge extra for a sealant. since often the wax of choice is 845 which is just as durable as mentioned above. So typically I'm applying a sealant if conditions allow for it, if i'm in the mood, if I feel like giving the client I gave them a little extra, if I may see the car again at which point I could top with a carnauba, etc

you'll get a thousand different answers on what sealants to use. find one or two that are easy to apply, easy to remove, and provide decent durability and you're good (that encompasses a lot of what AG stocks)

for me - as far as sealants on clients cars - blackfire wet diamond, wolfgang deep gloss sealant, or poorboys ex-p. I find they are all easy to apply & remove.

richy
04-27-2012, 02:58 PM
Yeah It is definitely my favorite wax sometimes I don't even want to say which one I use and definitely not how much it costs. Is 501 the Marine RV polish? never would of thought of using it

no 601 in there somewhere, richy?

I use the 501 as a paint cleaner and it also adds some protection (quite a bit) on its own. I cut my answer short however. I mix both the 501 and the 105 with 601 at 4:1 and can immediately top them that way. Very efficient use of time for max protection.