PDA

View Full Version : Edge Orange pad the most aggressive in the line?????

Pages : [1] 2

Whitethunder46
03-19-2007, 09:16 AM
First off, I really hope Aaron sees this.

I happened to get on another detailing forum (I rarely do, lol) and there was a thread talking about Edge pads.
One post said that the Orange pad was the MOST aggressive. That the order was Orage>Yellow>Green>Blue>White. Also he stated that AG had it wrong on their site. He also mentioned that he talked to Aaron about this a few times.

So is this totally bogus?

Now, I personally don't see a huge difference in the green and orange. I can get the finish LSP ready with a Green pad any time w/ XMT 1.

BILL
03-19-2007, 09:25 AM
First off, I really hope Aaron sees this.

I happened to get on another detailing forum (I rarely do, lol) and there was a thread talking about Edge pads.
One post said that the Orange pad was the MOST aggressive. That the order was Orage>Yellow>Green>Blue>White. Also he stated that AG had it wrong on their site. He also mentioned that he talked to Aaron about this a few times.

So is this totally bogus?

Now, I personally don't see a huge difference in the green and orange. I can get the finish LSP ready with a Green pad any time w/ XMT 1.

YELLOW is the most aggresive in EDGE and L.C.

YELLOW-ORANGE-WHITE- BLACK-BLUE... IN L.C.

YELLOW-GREEN--BLUE- WHITE..EDGE 2K.... GREEN -ORANGE - SAME..

Whitethunder46
03-19-2007, 09:29 AM
YELLOW is the most aggresive in EDGE and L.C.

YELLOW-ORANGE-WHITE-BLUE...L.C.

YELLOW-GREEN--BLUE WHITE..EDGE 2K.... GREEN -ORANGE - SAME..

So the green and orange are the same? There's got to be a slight difference in something.

RallyMSP
03-19-2007, 09:31 AM
Just from touching the E2k pads I would say
Yellow>Green>Orange>blue>white

Nica
03-19-2007, 09:34 AM
Interesting topic, I too was under the impression that for the Edge system the Yellow pad was the most aggressive...well it feels that way when you start to feel each pad individually.

BILL
03-19-2007, 09:39 AM
Interesting topic, I too was under the impression that for the Edge system the Yellow pad was the most aggressive...well it feels that way when you start to feel each pad individually.

It is.......The edge 2K yellow 8" rotary pads are the most aggresive, dont have orange in the 8" edge 2k ...... they have green instead.....but the regular edge 8" has the orange
the smaller DA pads have orange......as so the CCS PADS.......

i believe the green is only in the 2k series.....

BILL
03-19-2007, 09:41 AM
So the green and orange are the same? There's got to be a slight difference in something.

The diff is the size and machine used...........DA edge Pads have the orange where the rotary edge has the green, i know believe the green is a bit more aggresive than the orange....

JoeD
03-19-2007, 09:48 AM
Has anyone noticed a difference in the hardness of the same colored pads? I ordered a New Blue 6" edge 2k pad and it is as soft as a white one, my previouse blue pad is much harder.

BILL
03-19-2007, 09:52 AM

its very confusing...... i just now saw that the green is a little more aggresive than the orange:confused:

BILL
03-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Has anyone noticed a difference in the hardness of the same colored pads? I ordered a New Blue 6" edge 2k pad and it is as soft as a white one, my previouse blue pad is much harder.

my 2 k blue is as soft also:confused:

Nica
03-19-2007, 09:58 AM
my 2 k blue is as soft also:confused:

:iagree: I noticed this too, I felt the blue pad just like the white or maybe even softer.

I hope the Edge guys join in and shed some light on this topic.

Whitethunder46
03-19-2007, 10:09 AM
I'm not that fond of the Orange. I've said it before, I don't really like the real firm, stiff, dense feeling the orange pad had. It's very easy to get lobsided. If you push your finger on the pad, it take forever for the pad to regain it's shape.

I have an Orange wave pad on it's way. I'm hoping the wave will help keep it flat and not lose it's shape.

Jason
03-19-2007, 12:00 PM
If you have the blue and white pads that are stiff that is the old durafoam. The durafoam works better on a pc for compounding and cutting, so we changed the foam last year just on the polishing and finishing pads.

The orange pad has a lighter cutting action than the green pad.

The Edge
03-19-2007, 12:11 PM
Hope I can help here but it is quite confusing
There is the standard Edge line of Polyester Urethane Domestic Foams
There is the Durafoam Edge Line of stiffer Domestic Prepolymer Foams
There is the European Edge Line of stiff Prepolymer Foams

In the standard line from Coarse to Fine
Black, Yellow,Green, Blue, White

In the Durafoam ( we only now make for DA pads in Two types
Yellow, Green

In the European Pre polymer foams
Orange, Yellow

We now also make a red one for AG which is similar to our Standard Blue pad

In my opinion, The European foams are quite agressive even though they don't feel so rough on the texture but because they are so stiff and push back on the paint they cut pretty hard but finish well.
The Durafoams are stiff and cut well but not as fast as the Orange, but the Yellow is softer and cuts like our Green but its not in any line of AG at this point and is mostly used on rotary buffers.
We don't make the durafoams in blue and White because they do not have good polishing characteristics and that is what the blue and white pads purpose is.
There are alot of foams out there, many that are totally different and can't be just put into the same texture chart because they are so different in the way the perform and act. It comes down to a personal preference. Most guys in the USA don't like the stiff foams, they cut too hard and feel like a brick on the car. Most in Europe don't like the softer pads they feel like it takes too long to cut with them. Therefore we make the whole range to satisfy everyones needs. We are going to make several new charts on our website to help clarify this but it may take a few weeks before they are on the website so check back regularly.

Thanks,

Aaron Krause (President & CEO)
Dedication To Detail, Inc.
777 Henderson Blvd.
Suites # 1 & 2
Folcroft, PA 19032
---------------------------------------
( Phone: (610) 583-4883
2 Fax: (610) 583-4885
* Email: aaron@dedicationtodetail.com (aaron@dedicationtodetail.com)

Nuke33
03-19-2007, 12:56 PM
I really want to try edge pads out