PDA

View Full Version : how much water should I carry?

Detailchick
04-27-2012, 02:24 AM
How much water should I carry with me. example of a day out:

2 rinsless washes with ONR
filling a mytee lite II
a little extra to fill spray bottles that run low before next detail
I dont have too much space, or crazy $$ to invest in portable water tank

Do you think 10 gals Is decent? or what is good
and I hear people talk about water pumps for there tanks...what are those for? does it help in dispensing the water to a bucket for example.
Im thinking im better off filling the extractor before I go anywhere but maybe ill need water for the next detail..

Perfections
04-27-2012, 08:19 AM
Do your customers not have a water outlet? Even the businesses I do have water available on site. If your in need 10 gallons should do figuring 2 gallons per onr wash, 1 gallon for rims and tires and wheel wells cleaned and some for extractor and spray bottles :)

Detailchick
04-27-2012, 11:36 AM
Do your customers not have a water outlet? Even the businesses I do have water available on site. If your in need 10 gallons should do figuring 2 gallons per onr wash, 1 gallon for rims and tires and wheel wells cleaned and some for extractor and spray bottles :)

so far I have had luck and I always ask/tell them Ill be using there water but I want to be ready for the occasion where bringing my own water will be more convenient or even necessary. Im thinking I can carry 4 gallons in one bucket, extractor pre-filled and a 5 gallon container...something like that I use 2 gallons with onr 1 gallon for rinse with grit guard

buddhadog
04-30-2012, 06:08 PM
I use on average10-11 gallons on an average car.This is without an extractor.

Bring what you think you need and then add a couple gallons to be safe.