PDA

View Full Version : Loose change, odds and ends = cheap promotion

Canadian
04-27-2012, 12:06 AM
I did a search and didn't find anything on this topic, maybe my search abilities are weak since it seems like something that would come up.

A tip to help promote return customers since every little thing helps.

I pick up these red (comes in other colors but red is my company color) boxes at the dollar store to put all of the loose change and bits and pieces in that I find around the car. To keep the initial appearance as clean as possible I place it in the trunk.

My thought is when they get home they will most likely leave a few things in the car but bring the rest of the stuff in the house using the box. Since it's not a shopping bag or a cardboard box there is a good chance it will get re-purposed and float around the house for a while. If your logo is on the box they're less likely to forget where they got the car detailed last time.

Wouldn't hurt to throw a card or 2 in there also.

Thoughts?

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1438/IMG_07632.JPG (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/45794)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1438/IMG_07652.JPG (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/45795)

Excuse the iphone picture quality

LegacyGT
04-27-2012, 12:14 AM
You should put a logo on the box as well :)

shoeless89
04-27-2012, 12:16 AM
GREAT IDEA! I was talking to a marketing guy at my school and he suggested I get magnants that look like my business cards. Like the ones people put on their fridge. I mean think about it? I have some on my fridge from at least 10 years ago and I'm not going to throw it away because I can use it! He said "If you can get a magnant on their fridge, it will NEVER leave". I think this is just a variant of that marketing rule.

Canadian
04-27-2012, 01:05 AM
You can turn your business card into a magnet with these things from staples.

StaplesŪ Business Card Magnets | StaplesŪ (http://www.staples.com/Staples-Business-Card-Magnets/product_SS1027944)

AutowerxDetailing
04-27-2012, 02:47 AM
I love the idea. Anything that you get your logo on and get it inside their home to build brand awareness is a huge deal.

I did a detail one time that had so much junk and kids toys that it filled two 5gal buckets. I just left them with the client because I didn't know what else to do with all the stuff. No way was I just going to put it back in the car.

Detailchick
04-27-2012, 02:54 AM
cool idea thanks for sharing. What's a dollar more invested when the return might be more :)

Tundra_10
04-27-2012, 03:12 AM
GREAT IDEA! I was talking to a marketing guy at my school and he suggested I get magnants that look like my business cards. Like the ones people put on their fridge. I mean think about it? I have some on my fridge from at least 10 years ago and I'm not going to throw it away because I can use it! He said "If you can get a magnant on their fridge, it will NEVER leave". I think this is just a variant of that marketing rule.

One problem with business card magnets, if your customer is like me they are not putting any magnets on their $2k stainless steel fridge. Doubly annoying is keeping that thick business card somewhere. I now have a little business card organizer of all business cards i want to keep so even the magnetic ones will make their way in there. Not too sure how many people do that, not only will they cost more, they might be more likely to be tossed out of annoyance.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

NickZ28
04-27-2012, 05:43 AM
That is an awesome idea...I would agree with a few of the others, if you can get your logo on the box, that would be even better, provided it isn't too cost prohibitive.

Mike Phillips
04-27-2012, 06:36 AM
I like the idea and I think most customers would notice it and appreciate it and remember you.

+1 on putting your a sticker on the side with your logo, phone number and website

:xyxthumbs:

Mike Phillips
04-27-2012, 06:38 AM
I moved your thread from Detailing 101 to How to make money detailing cars

:xyxthumbs:

Canadian
04-27-2012, 06:58 AM
I will sticker them, it was a new idea and still need to make the stickers.

This is a friends car that I did so I assume he will remember me.

Gurge
04-27-2012, 08:40 AM

You can design fridge magnets on vistaprint that are pretty affordable. I picked up 250 over the winter. They are exact matches for the large magnets I now have on my truck (the business cards look different)

I like the idea of the little bin. With your logo on there of course. not sure how to pull that off and still make it look decent and be affordable to you

Currently considering ordering custom plastic 'stadium cups' with my logo and leaving that behind in the cupholder with all the change that used to be all over the place (and likely in that cupholder you just cleaned of course)

and just to be clear - people like free stuff (we all love our BOGO deals and free sample from AG now don't we). so a dollar or two back to the customer in freebies is worth it IMO

vistaprint fridge magnet below - shown with some of my own weird fridge stuff:

http://mrsparkledetailing.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/fridge-magnet-300x225.jpg

brentech
04-28-2012, 08:18 PM
Honestly think this is one of the better ideas for continued promotion and referrals I've seen.

a) Builds a trust base with clients - you care about their car and their belongings
b) As you stated, can be useful storage for them in the future
c) It's not an "in your face" promotion, it's tactful and respectable. That goes a long way with anyone.

It's just a great idea. Keeps things out of your way and you'll know where you're putting their stuff as you work. It solves multiple problems.

Bunky
04-29-2012, 06:31 AM
Very nice. For even more budget conscious, you could use a zip lock style bag with your name on it.