PDA

View Full Version : My new Site.

richy
04-26-2012, 08:47 PM
I finally launched a website. I sweated over names and layouts, etc. I did it myself with Weebly. The only thing yet is to do a logo. I need help there. I am going to add a subsection on trim dying too. Anyway, please check it out and share your thoughts. See link below.

Detailchick
04-26-2012, 09:19 PM
I like it, it's very detailed pretty much teaches me how to do it myself though but maybe to the average customer it just shows that you really know what your doing. I know it's not easy Im still working on mine especially because I'm not much of a writer and I'm stuck on my prices. But anyways I think it looks good pictures look good too

richy
04-26-2012, 09:22 PM
I like it, it's very detailed pretty much teaches me how to do it myself though but maybe to the average customer it just shows that you really know what your doing. I know it's not easy Im still working on mine especially because I'm not much of a writer and I'm stuck on my prices. But anyways I think it looks good pictures look good too
Thanks for taking the time to look and comment.:dblthumb2:

Mobile detail
04-26-2012, 09:28 PM
Great site bro. I sent you a PM

brentech
04-26-2012, 11:29 PM
Only critique would be that on the main page, you should probably use some more breaks to introduce some white space between your paragraphs. Right now, a lot of the text crams together and you'd rather it read more like a newspaper.

I'm not familiar with "Weebly", but things should look more like this:

Welcome to Flawless Reflections Auto Detailing. We are located in the Windsor, Ontario area and cater to owners who want their vehicle restored to its brand new condition. My name is Richard and I would like to detail your car for you. Why? I am a fanatic when it comes to paint finish and am very talented at polishing out scratches and other defects in the paint surface. I have been detailing cars for nearly 30 years starting with an antique car collection.

Detailing is something that I take very, very seriously. My training in compounding paint came from renowned, award winning RM Auto Restoration of Chatham, Ont. I have a vast collection of the finest quality compounds, polishes, sealants and waxes available for purchase.

People often ask me: “What do you mean Detail a car?” What it means is that I clean every little detail about the car to make it look like the day it was brand new. That includes paint finish, trim, wheels, the wheel barrels, tires, glass, interior carpeting, floor mats, dashboard, centre console, seats whether leather or fabric and the engine if requested. This process usually takes in the neighbourhood of 14-16 hours, depending on the condition of the paint and interior.

I charge $30./hr which includes all supplies other than Nano Coatings and Trim Dye.

Your car in its online debut!!

When I receive your car, I take before shots and then take after shots upon completion . I do a very comprehensive write up of the procedure and products that were used on your vehicle. That writeup gets posted online at Live2Detail (where I am on the Board of Directors and have the user name "richy") in this section here:

Exhibition Room - Live2Detail (http://www.live2detail.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)

Now, please join me on a journey to see how your car is transformed with my skill right HERE.

Now, obviously that would still be formatted to the spacing of your website, but I'm just pointing out where extra line breaks should be. If you're using a "What You See Is What You Get" (WYSIWYG) editor, that should be as simple as making an extra enter/return at the end of your paragraphs.

If you actually use something where you see coding, it's a line break ( <br /> ).

The other pages don't have as much text so they don't suffer from the "wall of text" symptom. It's just something to keep in mind when you're writing, you want to allow the eyes to easily continue reading.

That's my bit.

Porsche Pilot
04-27-2012, 06:22 AM
Great site Richy! Well done my friend. I hope that it brings you continued success.

richy
04-27-2012, 09:00 AM
Great site bro. I sent you a PM
Got it! Thanks.

Only critique would be that on the main page, you should probably use some more breaks to introduce some white space between your paragraphs. Right now, a lot of the text crams together and you'd rather it read more like a newspaper.

I'm not familiar with "Weebly", but things should look more like this:

Now, obviously that would still be formatted to the spacing of your website, but I'm just pointing out where extra line breaks should be. If you're using a "What You See Is What You Get" (WYSIWYG) editor, that should be as simple as making an extra enter/return at the end of your paragraphs.

If you actually use something where you see coding, it's a line break ( <br /> ).

The other pages don't have as much text so they don't suffer from the "wall of text" symptom. It's just something to keep in mind when you're writing, you want to allow the eyes to easily continue reading.

That's my bit.
I think the point you made is quite valid. I will be implementing that change shortly. Thanks for taking the time!

Great site Richy! Well done my friend. I hope that it brings you continued success.
Thanks Ed, I appreciate you taking the time and your kind thoughts.