PDA

View Full Version : Meg's ultimate wax????

Pages : [1] 2

SheldonH
04-25-2012, 09:15 PM
I put a coat of this on my vehicle and was just wondering how long it would last. I know is a synthetic Seleant even though it says wax. But considering I bought it from Walmart I don't think it will last as long as a true sealant. What do u think

Its on a daily driver, parked in the open, in Tennessee mild weather

Hunter09
04-25-2012, 09:36 PM
I put a coat of this on my vehicle and was just wondering how long it would last. I know is a synthetic Seleant even though it says wax. But considering I bought it from Walmart I don't think it will last as long as a true sealant. What do u think

Its on a daily driver, parked in the open, in Tennessee mild weather
I would say 5-6 months. Meg's makes good products

FUNX650
04-25-2012, 10:54 PM
But considering I bought it from Walmart...

-Wally world sells/has sold many car care products that are favorites on many detailing forums...Among others:
-Autoglym HD; Mother's; RainX; Stoner's; Nevr-Dull; California Duster/Jelly Blade; Lexol; Surf City; and Meguiar's.

-Retailer/point of purchase of products doesn't necessarily relate to their being good or not. Ever notice how CarQuest/NAPA is where people say they buy their DuraGloss at times?

-Anyway...One shouldn't always judge a book by its cover...IMO.

-Meg's Ultimate Wax is indeed an excellent product...Meguiar's would have it no other way.

:)

Bob

Shane731
04-25-2012, 11:11 PM
I only got about 3 - 4 weeks or so out of it, and that was after a wash, clay, Ultimate Polish by hand, and the Ultimate Wax. I think I did like 2 boosters of Ultimate Quik Wax in between. That was just my experience though. Worked good while it lasted. Same goes for NXT 2.0. Here's a couple of videos I took of Ultimate Wax beading and sheeting two weeks after application:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPW0PgqqgdI]Meguiar's Ultimate Wax beading - YouTube[/video]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLirWgIKa8o]Meguiar's Ultimate Wax sheeting - YouTube[/video]

Jomax
04-26-2012, 12:22 AM
I only got about 3 - 4 weeks or so out of it, and that was after a wash, clay, Ultimate Polish by hand, and the Ultimate Wax. I think I did like 2 boosters of Ultimate Quik Wax in between. That was just my experience though. Worked good while it lasted. Same goes for NXT 2.0. Here's a couple of videos I took of Ultimate Wax beading and sheeting two weeks after application:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPW0PgqqgdI]Meguiar's Ultimate Wax beading - YouTube[/video]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLirWgIKa8o]Meguiar's Ultimate Wax sheeting - YouTube[/video]

That's weird you only got that much.

Ted S.
04-26-2012, 01:41 AM
Got about a month and a half if even that out of the Meg's Ultimate Synthetic Liquid.

I'm out in middle TN, and I think Shane is out in east TN.

mwoolfso
04-26-2012, 05:26 AM
Just because it came from WalMart means "nada" as far as durability is concerned. I suspect you will get anywhere from 4-12 weeks depending on the conditions your DD will face. You can extend beyond that by either applying a second coat (apply light and thin) and then topping with a spray wax every couple of weeks.

Flannigan
04-26-2012, 06:53 AM
If the car sits out side you are looking at anywhere from 2-6 weeks. Ultimate wax does not have great durability at all.

BillE
04-26-2012, 07:33 AM
I gotta jump into this fray...

Just because something is OTC vs Specialty Shop, does NOT make it inferior.

Case in point, Meguiar's is offering the MF System at some Wal-Marts. Does purchasing at WM make it any less of a product than purchasing from, say AG?

Rant over...

Bill

I am NOT advocating WM, just an example.

SheldonH
04-26-2012, 08:15 PM
Sorry guys, I worded that wrong and I did not mean anything by the wal mart part. I buy plenty of Meg's supplies from there and they are great. I guess what I was trying to imply was that I know it's not the best sealant on the market. On a side not so far it has been 2 weeks with 2 washes and a quick wax and still looks and performs great. Sorry for my brain lapse

Shane731
04-26-2012, 08:37 PM
I only got about 3 - 4 weeks or so out of it, and that was after a wash, clay, Ultimate Polish by hand, and the Ultimate Wax. I think I did like 2 boosters of Ultimate Quik Wax in between. That was just my experience though. Worked good while it lasted. Same goes for NXT 2.0.

I should note that my car is a daily driver that sits outside 24/7. That being said, I still expect to get a minimum of 2 months out of a sealant in order for me to consider using it regularly.

Conan
04-26-2012, 09:43 PM
I haven't tried the Ultimate Wax yet but everything that I've used from Meguiars so far had poor durability. Looks good but doesn't last.

shoeless89
04-27-2012, 12:21 AM
If the car sits out side you are looking at anywhere from 2-6 weeks. Ultimate wax does not have great durability at all.

Totally true. I haven't had very good luck at all with Ultimate Wax.

PhantomMagician
04-29-2012, 03:44 AM
Totally true. I haven't had very good luck at all with Ultimate Wax.

My Meg ultimate Wax still sitting on my car surface for 3 month...not to much beading or sheeting, but MF with QD test proof that ultimate wax still protect my car surface :)

mwoolfso
04-29-2012, 03:57 AM
Sorry guys, I worded that wrong and I did not mean anything by the wal mart part. I buy plenty of Meg's supplies from there and they are great. I guess what I was trying to imply was that I know it's not the best sealant on the market. On a side not so far it has been 2 weeks with 2 washes and a quick wax and still looks and performs great. Sorry for my brain lapse

I don't believe anyone had issue with the wording per se. We are all still learning and everyone has to start somewhere.