PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle ASR + Edge Yellow

OafyC
03-18-2007, 09:12 PM
This should be a pretty heavy cutting combo shouldn't it? I just used it on my Blue G6. It had swirl marks and small scratches that didn't seem deeper than the swirls. I got most of the swirls out, but there are still quite a bit left in places. Does my car just have a hard clear or am I doing something wrong? I know you can't tell without seeing what I'm doing.

I started with the orange pad, then the green, and finally switched to the yellow. I think I am using enough pressure, just a little less than what causes the PC to bog down.

It also seemed like, even with the yellow pad, the ASR finished very well. I used the AFP with the blue pad and didn't really notice a difference.

ScottB
03-19-2007, 06:22 PM
The advanced swirl remover is a pretty aggresive polish that can be enhanced with speed and pad choice to become super abrasive. When used in the past with an orange LC pad , you need to repolish with the lighter pinnacle final polish and a grey pad to remove some light micromarring.

Nuke33
03-19-2007, 06:42 PM
I agree with killer

ryandamartini
03-19-2007, 06:44 PM
make sure to work in with speed 5 with FIRM pressure on the PC. Make sure you are putting pressure straight down on the head, not from the side.

ehuth1
03-19-2007, 07:03 PM
speed 6 and slow overlapping motions.... give it time to work.

ryandamartini
03-19-2007, 07:14 PM
speed 6 and slow overlapping motions.... give it time to work.

Speed 6 on the full working in process? I was always told it was too much and weakened the work time..

*runs to garage*

nick19
03-19-2007, 07:16 PM
Speed 6 on the full working in process? I was always told it was too much and weakened the work time..

*runs to garage*

I've used a few swirl removers/compounds on speed 6. You need to be careful though. The head vibrates/giggles so much I can only to a panel at a time.

5.5 is much better.

-Nick :cheers:

OafyC
03-19-2007, 07:40 PM
Since it was my first time with the PC, I split the doors in half. Lets say I was doing half of a door, with Pinnacle ASR. How long on average would it take to break down? I heard it was broken down when it starts to get almost a 3D look. I get that much quicker than I would think it would take.

nick19
03-19-2007, 07:45 PM
Since it was my first time with the PC, I split the doors in half. Lets say I was doing half of a door, with Pinnacle ASR. How long on average would it take to break down? I heard it was broken down when it starts to get almost a 3D look. I get that much quicker than I would think it would take.

On average, 5 minutes. The polish will turn almost white/clear when it's done. Most users cannot see it unless they are using professional type lighting.

OafyC
03-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Thanks guys. I will try again with a little more pressure and give it more time.

nick19
03-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Thanks guys. I will try again with a little more pressure and give it more time.

10-15lbs on the head of the machine. Don't apply pressure to the back of the machine.

Also, make sure the pad is flat against the paint and your not applying all the pressure to the side of the pad.