PDA

View Full Version : 5th Episode on this Sunday! - What's in Autogeek's Garage

Mike Phillips
04-25-2012, 03:32 PM
5th Episode on this Sunday! - What's in Autogeek's Garage (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/what-s-garage/49266-5th-episode-sunday-what-s-autogeek-s-garage.html)

The 5th episode of our second season of "What's in Autogeek's Garage" is on this Sunday at 11:00am Eastern Time on Fox Sports Network.

My special guest will be,

Bill Stephens
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1325/BillStephens.jpg

Our guests and their cars on this episode...

Bob Pearson's 1967 GT350 Shelby Mustang
http://www.autogeekonline.net/nick/Day%203%20Filming/DSCN0518.JPG

Carlos Gonzalez's 1964 Chrysler Imperial - Green Hornet Car
http://www.autogeekonline.net/nick/Day%203%20Filming/DSCN0538.JPG

Scott and Cindy MAcGillvary's 1969 Pontiac Firebird Convertible
http://www.autogeekonline.net/nick/Day%203%20Filming/DSCN0564.JPG

:xyxthumbs:

Spiney
04-25-2012, 11:57 PM
All beautiful cars but my favorite has always been a Shelby in white with blue stripes. I had 2 70 Mustangs painted like that. A Fastback and a Mach 1 Fastback. Like a fool I sold them.

Mike Phillips
04-26-2012, 10:07 AM
All beautiful cars but my favorite has always been a Shelby in white with blue stripes.

I've always liked the 1965 and 1966 Mustang Fastbacks with the white wit blue stripes color scheme.

Like 1967 Fastbacks and also the 1971-1973 Mach I's

:)

Spiney
04-27-2012, 12:18 AM
I've always liked the 1965 and 1966 Mustang Fastbacks with the white wit blue stripes color scheme.

Like 1967 Fastbacks and also the 1971-1973 Mach I's

To me the most beautiful Mustang was the 65-66 Fastback. Especially the Shelby's White w/ Blue stripes. I don't know why the car companies thought that bigger was better back then. Every other year they made them bigger. To me the 71-73's just got way too big, but I do admit there is a soft spot in my heart for the Mach 1's of that era. Just saw a beautiful Red with Black accents 71 Mach 1 on one of the auctions on Speed or Velocity. That era Mach 1 is still affordable and future collectible. The 69-70's have priced themselves out of my reach. I had a 70 Mach 1, 351-C Factory Hurst 4 Speed, you name it. It was dark green with black Mach-1 accent stripes. My Dad and I took it completely apart, cleaned it up and painted it the Shelby white with blue stripes. It was gorgeous. I sold it when my daughter was born to buy a Safe Saab 900. I sold it for $2800. Today it would easily be worth $50-75K. I will always regret that.

Mike Phillips
04-30-2012, 07:59 AM
Did anyone see the 5th episode?

It repeats today at 4:00pm Eastern Time...

Danube
04-30-2012, 08:02 AM
Is this to be found on YouTube yet?

Ta

Mike Phillips
04-30-2012, 08:24 AM
Is this to be found on YouTube yet?

Ta

No.

It's standard protocol in the US TV industry that the video of a TV show is not available to the client until after the episode airs. There are other rules too all by the networks. We do upload it as soon as it is made available to us. (Something we don't control)

brentech
04-30-2012, 01:23 PM
Wow. That Mustang is spectacular.
Always loved '60s Mustangs, but Shelby takes them all to a whole 'nother level.
Will have to see if I can find the show on my listings and watch or DVR.

Mike Phillips
04-30-2012, 01:32 PM
Wow. That Mustang is spectacular.
Always loved '60s Mustangs, but Shelby takes them all to a whole 'nother level.
Will have to see if I can find the show on my listings and watch or DVR.

Check out www.LocateTV.com (http://www.locatetv.com/tv/whats-in-autogeeks-garage/7516449), I use this website all the time to find different TV Shows and then have them notify me via e-mail when day and time they'll be on.

brentech
04-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Just popped the TV on and found the listing via the cable box guide, have it set to DVR the episode for me.

BillyJack
04-30-2012, 02:57 PM
Did anyone see the 5th episode?

Of course! You know I wouldn't miss an episode.
I found it was interesting to see the basics of "jeweling". I've read a bunch of posts here on the subject, but a video clip is worth a thousand words. For education of the general public, it would have been nice to devote a bit more time to the sealant vs wax discussion. Personally, I thought the Flex segment was a bit of overselling, especially when it was immediately followed by a Flex commercial. As I've stated before, treading that fine line between information and cheesy infomercial certainly isn't easy, and that segment stepped over the line.
Just my opinion.

Bill

Mike Phillips
04-30-2012, 03:05 PM
Episode #5 is on right now!

Im the MAN

Mike Phillips
04-30-2012, 03:09 PM
Of course! You know I wouldn't miss an episode.
I found it was interesting to see the basics of "jeweling". I've read a bunch of posts here on the subject, but a video clip is worth a thousand words. For education of the general public, it would have been nice to devote a bit more time to the sealant vs wax discussion.

If we do a 3rd season there will definitely be changes to the format taken from what we've learned from season #2 :xyxthumbs:

Personally, I thought the Flex segment was a bit of overselling, especially when it was immediately followed by a Flex commercial. As I've stated before, treading that fine line between information and cheesy infomercial certainly isn't easy, and that segment stepped over the line.
Just my opinion.

Bill

Good feedback Bill.

One thing for sure, watching and re-watching yourself on video is a great way to learn about what not to do the next time and what areas to strengthen.

Mike Phillips
04-30-2012, 03:20 PM
If you watch the segment on the black Chrysler Imperial where I remove the swirls, scratches and water spots, in the segment I completely removed all the defects out of the soft single stage black paint. The camera team didn't capture the before and after difference.

I have found that with every TV production company I've worked with I've had to do my best to teach them

A. What a show car finish really looks like

B. How to capture the results with the "light" showcasing the before and after differences.

In person the results were dramatic, on camera there was no "wow" factor.

When we release our new Flex DVD you can see what I mean because Yancy is very good at capturing before and after results with cameras and lighting. And to be honest, it's this before and after results that are the "Money Shots" because otherwise the viewing audience won't understand what the entire point is behind proper paint polishing whether done by hand or machine.

Here's an example of Dennis Gage's team actually getting the shot...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MsZL72VAk&hd=1]My Classic Car with Dennis Gage and Mike Phillip - Removing Swirls - YouTube[/video]

I've done more work with Dennis's team on getting the before and after results and they now do a pretty good job...