PDA

View Full Version : What pad to use with PO85RD/UF4500

duck_commander
04-24-2012, 09:19 PM
i have a new PC DA and have have all the LC flat foam pads...

I plan on polishing my tuxedo black (tons of metal flake) with Optimum Hyper Polish and following up with UF5400 before applying Opti-Seal or DG 105/601....

i've never used UF4500 before and was wondering what pad i should use?

I'm planning on using yellow or orange with the Hyper Polish, and blue with the DG 105 or the yellow foam pad O-S comes with, but i'm guessing i should try a black pad with the UF4500...

Does that sound like a good plan of attack with the UF4500, just curious what you pros have to say...

Thanks
Sean

kronos
04-24-2012, 09:39 PM
I'm no pro, but have buffed quite a few cars. For 85rd, I've used LC blue (finishing) and LC crimson (finishing) pads. Both have worked well, with a slight nod to the crimson pad. I've read LC black works very well too. Have you ever buffed a car before? I ask because a test spot is very important if you value your time. The last thing you want to do is buff your entire truck and realize you didn't achieve the results you were aiming for.

duck_commander
04-24-2012, 09:43 PM
Thanks Kronos...

yes, so far i've buffed my parent's Toyota Camry, my Honda Civic, My g/f's Subaru Legacy, and my sister's Legacy... I've used all the products i've listed above with exception of the 85RD...

I wanted to get get the hang of the PC and removing water etchings and swirls before i took on the task on my truck.

Kaban
04-24-2012, 09:45 PM
I've used it with the black lake country pad as well as the UK 3M 150mm blue waffle pad. Works awesome.

kronos
04-24-2012, 09:48 PM
Thanks Kronos...

yes, so far i've buffed my parent's Toyota Camry, my Honda Civic, My g/f's Subaru Legacy, and my sister's Legacy... I've used all the products i've listed above with exception of the 85RD...

I wanted to get get the hang of the PC and removing water etchings and swirls before i took on the task on my truck.

Ahh yes, that's how I started too. My girlfriend's car was the first guinea pig. :buffing: Any of the three pads mentioned should work well with 85rd.

duck_commander
04-24-2012, 09:59 PM
LOL... Thanks Kronos... Yea, my 2005 DD civic was my first compound/polish... and it just got better from there... fortunately all those cars were light colors and my truck will be the first black vehicle...

Thanks for the info/pointing me in the right direction guys!